Revoke the Act of Settlement Now: Catholic Windsor Condemns Abortion
(12-22-2010, 12:54 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote:
(12-22-2010, 12:20 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(12-21-2010, 04:19 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote:
(12-21-2010, 12:31 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(12-20-2010, 03:36 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: The Act of Settlement is a piece of benevolent legislation passed down and transmogrified for centuries to accommodate the growing insignificance of the Church of England in public and private life.  Like Don't Ask Don't Tell, it can be abolished.

This man should be King.

http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2010...holic.html

It can't be abolished without the consent of the Parliaments of all sixteen Commonwealth Realms (and the Provincial Legislatures of all ten Canadian provinces), which is unlikely to happen and even if it did there are 26 protestants in line before him.

I find it a LOT more likely and reasonable than passing a low decriminalizing abortion and opening the ranks of the Army to sodomites.

As I pointed out, it would take the unanimous consent of not only all sixteen Commonwealth Realms, as  well as all ten Provincial Legislatures of Canada (due to the entrenchment of the Crown in the Constitution Act, 1982). The Federal Parliament and the Provincial Legislatures can't agree on the time of day, let alone anything substantial like the Act of Settlement.

So?

My point is that the Act is not going to be repealed.
(12-22-2010, 01:03 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(12-22-2010, 12:54 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote:
(12-22-2010, 12:20 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(12-21-2010, 04:19 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote:
(12-21-2010, 12:31 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(12-20-2010, 03:36 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: The Act of Settlement is a piece of benevolent legislation passed down and transmogrified for centuries to accommodate the growing insignificance of the Church of England in public and private life.  Like Don't Ask Don't Tell, it can be abolished.

This man should be King.

http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2010...holic.html

It can't be abolished without the consent of the Parliaments of all sixteen Commonwealth Realms (and the Provincial Legislatures of all ten Canadian provinces), which is unlikely to happen and even if it did there are 26 protestants in line before him.

I find it a LOT more likely and reasonable than passing a low decriminalizing abortion and opening the ranks of the Army to sodomites.

As I pointed out, it would take the unanimous consent of not only all sixteen Commonwealth Realms, as  well as all ten Provincial Legislatures of Canada (due to the entrenchment of the Crown in the Constitution Act, 1982). The Federal Parliament and the Provincial Legislatures can't agree on the time of day, let alone anything substantial like the Act of Settlement.

So?

My point is that the Act is not going to be repealed.

You are certainly entitled to say that, but the Act has changed a great deal.  Legislation changes.  You can't really dispute that.  No idea why you're disputing this in the first place, and I don't know exactly why I'm contending with you about it, because it really is a trifling issue.

I guess that British legislation will freeze itself in time to suit your predictions.,