Forget about earlier thread
just forget I ever posted it,.. I shouldn't post from news articles anymore unless I know for sure its true
Yeah, I remember this story from way back. It's a sad one for sure.
Aah, internet!

This same article was posted to Fisheaters in 2008 (http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...421.0.html), originally written in 2004, and allegedly happened in 2002.

Late breaking news!

I have also never seen (or taken the time on my part) to corroborate this story with any real newspaper.  The Riverfront Times is one of those local "arts" papers who peddle prostitutes in the want ads.
By Malcolm Gay.  Heh.

Is there any proof that this person did have such an operation performed? If not, I suggest changing the sensational title of this topic.
It seems like this is an article filled with things that haven't be proved...if that is indeed the case, I suggest the whole thread goes away, not just the title...

If the claims made by the contents and title of this thread can be substantiated, then I'd greatly appreciate being made privy to such evidence.
I agree.  It's all hearsay printed by a rag.  Bah.
If this news article wasn't true, then did Burke and the Vatican ever refute it? If not, then why not? If this is untrue, then why leave it as unrefuted?
(12-22-2010, 03:58 PM)faith3faith Wrote: If this news article wasn't true, then did Burke and the Vatican ever refute it? If not, then why not? If this is untrue, then why leave it as unrefuted?

If it is true, then why no proof outside of this article?

As far as I know they did refute it.  That said, though, sometimes the best way to keep a silly argument from gaining momentum is to not give it any attention.

Also, why even bother addressing some random rag's hearsay - if they even heard of it?

The burden of proof is on those asserting that the contents of this article are true.
But they use actual quotes from what was then Bishop Burke. So if this is untrue, then why wouldn't Bishop Burke simply say, "Hey everyone, I didn't say any of that" ?