Why is Coke so darn tasty?
(12-23-2010, 10:50 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(12-23-2010, 10:40 AM)Satori Wrote: Is it tasty? I've always hated carbonated drinks and most sweet drinks. The only time I wanted coke was when I was pregnant, which is precisely when I wasn't supposed to have it.

I suppose you're a Kool-Aid-hater too?

You need help...

:laughing:

I like the watered-down version my mother used to make, when it's summertime and I'm feeling nostalgic. Of course, knowing my mother, she probably halved the sugar, too.

But don't feel bad. I have my own drinkable waterloo: good beer, red wine, and bourbon. Can't leave 'em alone if they're around.
Well, the primary color of Coke is red; meaning it's of the devil or a communist plot.

Pepsi on the other hand is red, white and blue.

So, yea...connect the dots.  :tiphat:
I'll have to side with the devil this one time then.  OK, a second time.  The first time was when the devil picked Steve Vai for his rep and the good guys picked Ralph Macchio in Crossroads.

I mean, c'mon.  What kind of bonehead would pick Ralph against Steve Freakin' Vai?  Jack Black, like in that other movie, sure, but Ralph?

(12-23-2010, 11:50 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: I'll have to side with the devil this one time then.  OK, a second time.  The first time was when the devil picked Steve Vai for his rep and the good guys picked Ralph Macchio in Crossroads.

I mean, c'mon.  What kind of bonehead would pick Ralph against Steve Freakin' Vai?  Jack Black, like in that other movie, sure, but Ralph?

I've never seen that movie, which isn't a surprise since I haven't seen most movies.  Hmmm...perhaps I am a heretic.  :o
(12-23-2010, 11:50 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: I'll have to side with the devil this one time then.  OK, a second time.  The first time was when the devil picked Steve Vai for his rep and the good guys picked Ralph Macchio in Crossroads.

:laughing:  The only way Ralph could have beat Steve is by a miracle.
I enjoy carbonated water, and used to drink lots of soda, but i don't really touch the stuff much anymore (unless I'm having a Seven and Seven, which isn't that often - I usually drink Scotch or beer).

I try to stay away from caffeine for the most part, personally.
High Octane Coke in a can (ice cold, of course) is a real comfort to me. It would be harder to give up than a white burgundy or good champagne (convincing me that I am not, after all, an alcoholic,) although I suspect giving up on bacon and chocolate would be just about as difficult. However, the most trying Lent I ever endured (I was still an Anglican) was when I gave up table salt. It almost did me in.

I think I'll go pour myself a Coke.
I gave up Coca-Cola almost two years ago, although I've had a little here and there since then.  Before then, however, I drank it daily, probably close to one 12-pack per day.  My new drink of choice has been Gatorade (Cool Blue, Orange, Glacier Freeze, etc.).
(12-23-2010, 02:50 PM)SouthpawLink Wrote: I gave up Coca-Cola almost two years ago, although I've had a little here and there since then.  Before then, however, I drank it daily, probably close to one 12-pack per day.  My new drink of choice has been Gatorade (Cool Blue, Orange, Glacier Freeze, etc.).

A roommate of mine in college drank about a 12-pack of Dr. Pepper (or another soda if that wasn't available) per day.  He would also regularly drink the massive Jolt Colas (they have to be at least 24 ounces, though I don't know their exact size).  The young man had to take medication for restless leg syndrome starting in the middle of college and he seemed unable (or unwilling) to understand the connection between that (and the fact he would sleep only 4-6 hours a night and fall asleep during the day when he got exhausted) and the fact he was consuming something int he order of 15/16 cans of soda worth of caffeine per day.
I would just have switched to caffeine free.  Tastes the same to me.