Christmas Dinner?
I don't understand why people want to eat a whole turkey at the end of November, then another one a month later.

My boeuf bourgignonne (I know I didn't spell that right) is in the oven as I write and smells heavenly. Oh, but instead of beef, venison.
I got take-out from Denny's.
I'm making a sirloin tip roast, rare, some mashed potatoes, and italian style piselli in a french sauce called soubise. Since it's just me it'll be dinner for the next week, and apple pie ala mode for later.
tim
(12-25-2010, 03:09 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:
(12-25-2010, 03:01 PM)Vivace Wrote: This year, we're being boring and going with turkey. My uncles are currently fighting over who gets the neck. Good times...

Canadians.   ::)
:laughing:

Where?!
We follow the Lithuanian tradition and have the big meal on Christmas eve - primarily an assortment of fish dishes.  In honour of my new daughter-in-law who is of Portugese background, I included bacalaitos among the pickeld herrings, smoked salmon, etc.  Christmas day is leftover fish.  So I am a literal as well as figurative fish eater today. :)
We always celebrate Jesus' birthday in the Sushi/Thai.
I make gravy. Yep. Just gravy.

My mom makes the rest of the meal: Turkey (she hates making it, but my family has had turkey for Christmas for generations, so it would be a scandal to make anything else), mashed potatoes, corn, cranberry sauce, broccoli casserole, green beans, sweet potatoes, stuffing, rolls, and probably some other stuff that I'm forgetting. But I only eat the food that serves as a way to transport gravy from my plate to my mouth. It's really the only part of the meal worth eating.

For dessert: Pumpkin pie, apple pie, peanutbutter tandy cakes, cookies of all sorts, etc.
(12-25-2010, 04:17 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: I got take-out from Denny's.

i kind of beleive you
(12-25-2010, 09:51 PM)Penelope Wrote: I make gravy. Yep. Just gravy.

My mom makes the rest of the meal: Turkey (she hates making it, but my family has had turkey for Christmas for generations, so it would be a scandal to make anything else), mashed potatoes, corn, cranberry sauce, broccoli casserole, green beans, sweet potatoes, stuffing, rolls, and probably some other stuff that I'm forgetting. But I only eat the food that serves as a way to transport gravy from my plate to my mouth. It's really the only part of the meal worth eating.

For dessert: Pumpkin pie, apple pie, peanutbutter tandy cakes, cookies of all sorts, etc.

do you make mom not put cheese into anyhting?
(12-25-2010, 03:11 PM)Satori Wrote: I don't understand why people want to eat a whole turkey at the end of November, then another one a month later.

My boeuf bourgignonne (I know I didn't spell that right) is in the oven as I write and smells heavenly. Oh, but instead of beef, venison.

boeuf bourguignon

but you skimpo on the deatils. sides, desserts, etc?