Christmas Dinner?
(12-25-2010, 11:35 PM)icecream Wrote:
(12-25-2010, 09:51 PM)Penelope Wrote: I make gravy. Yep. Just gravy.

My mom makes the rest of the meal: Turkey (she hates making it, but my family has had turkey for Christmas for generations, so it would be a scandal to make anything else), mashed potatoes, corn, cranberry sauce, broccoli casserole, green beans, sweet potatoes, stuffing, rolls, and probably some other stuff that I'm forgetting. But I only eat the food that serves as a way to transport gravy from my plate to my mouth. It's really the only part of the meal worth eating.

For dessert: Pumpkin pie, apple pie, peanutbutter tandy cakes, cookies of all sorts, etc.

do you make mom not put cheese into anyhting?

:laughing:  There's cheese in the broccoli, but I don't eat that anyway. Can't put gravy on it.
(12-25-2010, 12:56 PM)3Sanctus Wrote: Ham.  That's the most important part.  No turkey - bleh! - I want a ham!  Luckily my father feels the same way, so we always have ham at his house for Christmas!   ;D

I also prefer ham to turkey, and so does my Dad -- but he doesn't cook anymore, and I couldn't afford to rent a car to go visit him for Christmas anyway. I was invited to a friend's house for Christmas dinner, so I ate what he served -- which was turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and sweet potatoes, with gravy on everything but the sweet potatoes. And some sort of pumpkin dessert plus ice cream cake. Yummy.

Sounds like Penelope's tastes are similar to mine. I also hate cheese (surprisingly, they haven't deported me from Wisconsin yet) and love gravy. Neither turkey nor stuffing nor mashed potatoes is very exciting alone, but they're all pretty good with gravy (but not as good as ham).
[Image: 0908-snacks-cheeseface.142183554_std.jpg]
kept it simpe since hubby and I are both sick...ham, mixed veggies and mashed potatoes (instant)  normally would be better, but couldn't stomachit today
(12-25-2010, 01:10 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
(12-25-2010, 12:56 PM)3Sanctus Wrote: Care to answer your own question, Mr. Dance Ng Bear?   ;)

The WRC family takes leave of the WRC estate on Christmas.  Over the river and through the woods, to WRC Castle we go!  My mom asks me every year what she should make, and every year I reply "prime rib".  Every year, she makes something else instead.  It's been pot roast ( :snore: ), crown roast, WRC Brisquet (it's too good to be spelled "brisket"), turkey, ham, and a few other things that I can't remember off the top of my head.  But it seems like a perpetual dilemma for her.

Just curious what other fishies do.

Pot roast can be really good - made right! ;D

My dinner was just a dressed up version of our Sunday dinner - pot roast ;D, mashed potatoes, a vegetable, & dessert.  The dessert tonight was a birthday cake for baby Jesus - my kids idea!

We do our big feast - ham, sweet potatoes, rolls, cranberry sauce, pies & all the trimmings on New Year's/Octave because of family things.  It's a nice way to celebrate & continue with the 12 Days of Christmas, which I try to do here after keeping Advent quiet.
I can't wait to heat TX's reply

since Satori already did...I don't have to wait for hers

WRC...Prime rib sounds great....next year

DEMAND it. ;D
i already miss christmas lunch :(

we had:
some kind of pumpkin soup
veggie tortellini with a tomato sauce
roast turkey with sausages wrapped in bacon, brussels sprouts and carrots, roast potatoes and thyme stuffing
trifle (my favourite dessert) and other puddings for the less discerning

luckily.... there's always left overs  ;D
Christmas dinner hurt me bad after a week of semi-fasting.  Now I'm up past 3 am.  ugh.
No sides, icecream. I was doing everything by myself. I did make French bread, gingerbread men, cheese crisps and penuche for snacks -- oh, and a buche du noel for dessert. I made the cake and the whipped cream filling, but I made my husband roll it because I was too nervous about that part. Now I'm trying to decide what kind of meal to make for Epiphany. Epiphany is really my big day of the season more than Christmas Day.
:ctree: :eats: :eats: :eats: :eats: :eats: :eats: :eats: :eats: :ctree:

We had glazed ham, au gratin potatoes, sweet potato casserole, green beans almondine, 7-grain rolls, & Dr. Pepper  ;D

I made carrot cake muffins & peanut butter blossom cookies.  We were supposed to have Bûche de Noël for dessert...but we were so busy going through all the gifts my mom brought over...and talking talking talking...that I forgot about it and it never left the fridge...but it was no big deal b/c dinner was super filling.  So, we had Bûche de Noël for breakfast this morning  ;D

:eats:  :coffee:[Image: ZUSZ6KQX6PASBYS2DNHG_L.jpg]