Christmas Dinner?
My Mom makes ham and turkey.
House 1 (Hubby's Mom's) - Ham, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, corn casserole, brocolli rice and cheese casserole, green bean casserole, cranberry salad, and way too many desserts

House 2 (My Mom' & Dads) - Ham, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, salad, foo foo, and carrot cake

House 3 (Friends) - Ham, mashed potatoes, gravy, yams, lime salad, foo foo, assorted cheeses and grapes

House 4 ( Friends) - Roast pork loin, mashed potatoes, roasted mushrooms and onions, green bean casserole, rolls, and chocolate chip cookies

Needless to say, I'm stuffed for a month!  :laughing:
(12-26-2010, 07:52 AM)Satori Wrote: No sides, icecream. I was doing everything by myself. I did make French bread, gingerbread men, cheese crisps and penuche for snacks -- oh, and a buche du noel for dessert. I made the cake and the whipped cream filling, but I made my husband roll it because I was too nervous about that part. Now I'm trying to decide what kind of meal to make for Epiphany. Epiphany is really my big day of the season more than Christmas Day.

two big dinners in two weeks! why epiphany bigger day than christmas?
(12-26-2010, 07:53 PM)dymphna17 Wrote: House 1 (Hubby's Mom's) - Ham, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, corn casserole, brocolli rice and cheese casserole, green bean casserole, cranberry salad, and way too many desserts

House 2 (My Mom' & Dads) - Ham, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, salad, foo foo, and carrot cake

House 3 (Friends) - Ham, mashed potatoes, gravy, yams, lime salad, foo foo, assorted cheeses and grapes

House 4 ( Friends) - Roast pork loin, mashed potatoes, roasted mushrooms and onions, green bean casserole, rolls, and chocolate chip cookies

Needless to say, I'm stuffed for a month!  :laughing:

christmas dinner hopping!
(12-26-2010, 09:52 PM)icecream Wrote:
(12-26-2010, 07:52 AM)Satori Wrote: No sides, icecream. I was doing everything by myself. I did make French bread, gingerbread men, cheese crisps and penuche for snacks -- oh, and a buche du noel for dessert. I made the cake and the whipped cream filling, but I made my husband roll it because I was too nervous about that part. Now I'm trying to decide what kind of meal to make for Epiphany. Epiphany is really my big day of the season more than Christmas Day.

Because that's the day that the gentiles first got to be with Jesus! As a gentile myself, I find that rather exciting and appealing. Besides, the Wise Men were always my favorite part of the nativity scene.
(12-26-2010, 10:22 PM)Satori Wrote:
(12-26-2010, 09:52 PM)icecream Wrote:

Because that's the day that the gentiles first got to be with Jesus! As a gentile myself, I find that rather exciting and appealing. Besides, the Wise Men were always my favorite part of the nativity scene.

That is so cool!  We're going to have to start a "new" tradition in our house.
cool!

hey dymphna you only 10 away from 1000!
(12-26-2010, 10:59 PM)icecream Wrote: cool!

hey dymphna you only 10 away from 1000!

Hey, you're right!  Woo Hoo!
We had ham this year.

It used to be tortiere and ham when my family went to cousins of my father when many of his relatives still lived around here.  I really miss a good tortiere at Christmas.
http://janetishungry.blogspot.com/2007/10/tortiere.html