French monarchy and Catholic Traditionalism
Why the French monarchy so praised? Is it because Archbishop Lefebvre was French and/or the SSPX in France original supporters were such?

When I look at it, the post middle ages version, I see mostly a bunch of lousy adulterous kings who in international relations sided with protestants most of the time instead swallowing their pride and allying themselves to their enemies the Austrian and Spanish Habsburgs. And the modern reincarnation using the Bourbon family seems hardly the ideal (I doubt that Louis XX fellow would ever get it considering the Spanish king apparently dislikes him.)

I would think the Holy Roman Empire and the recreation of that crown would be in the place of the French monarchy in Catholic Traditionalism, considering the role of emperor and empire and the roman connection associated with it had in Catholicism's history. Charles V trumps the Sun King by far imo.

Though I suppose when Catholics think of French monarchy they think of the struggle against the Jocabins as opposed to the Louis XIV or Cardinal Richelieu
I dunno
sip
not all trads are weirdo monarchists but allot are. I guess wih the frenchies it's to do wih their glorious history in fghting for and defending the church u know chuck Martel, Clovis, the big daddy charlmegn, saint lous, ect
but the french monarchy did slip into abomination and horrible freakish practises in the 16 century. Orgies black masses the works
so
sip
in not suprised he king and queens head creacked in a basket
chop chop
Not all Trads are degenerate Americanists and Republicans, but certainly many are.
LOL
merry Christmass auggie
sip sip
I'm an anarchist not an americanist though I like me americano cup o Joe
sip
all good Fun lad
(12-26-2010, 12:33 PM)devotedknuckles Wrote: LOL
merry Christmass auggie
sip sip
I'm an anarchist not an americanist though I like me americano cup o Joe
sip
all good Fun lad

HAHAH, you da man
I support the return of the French monarchy, but there's no reason why it must be Louis-Alphonse ("Louis XX"), or the Orleanist guy, or the current Prince Napoleon. Let the true king, whoever it is, be acclaimed and take his kingdom by the right of conquest.

It's said that every king in between Saint Louis IX and Louis XVI was an adulterer. Louis XVI was unquestionably a good man, possibly even a saint, but he was unfortunately weak at a time when France needed an iron fist to rule. Still, I don't blame him for the end of the monarchy by any means. He was a victim of the policies set by Louis XIV and XV. The last "pure" king was his younger brother, Charles X, who reigned all the way up to 1830. Charles saw the revolution, the age of Napoleon, Waterloo, and the Restoration. He had no excuse for ignorance on what the French people needed for good governance, and he still messed that up.
I think it comes from Yves Dupont's book concerning the Antichrist and the return of an unknown French Monarch. This bell is soundless for me, and not because I'm so americanized. But it fits too well the French psyche where the world is a suburb of Paris.
I'm suspicious of any one with a French name that says the world revolves around France, a third rate cowardly nation, but God can work miracles, yet I doubt it very much.
tim
I support Monarchy for Europe as it has made plenty obvious to me that they have no idea how to run a responsible democracy simply because they have no tradition under that type of government.

Unlike other Monarchist I do not support any monarchy or even an absolute Monarchy or even a monarchy for the America's.
(12-26-2010, 12:20 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: Not all Trads are degenerate Americanists and Republicans, but certainly many are.

Lol!  Myself, I think the two are depleting philosophies.

(12-26-2010, 12:54 PM)timoose Wrote: I think it comes from Yves Dupont's book concerning the Antichrist and the return of an unknown French Monarch.

Yes, when I think of a possible monarchy in my future, the Great Monarch always comes to my mind.  I don't have that rich monarchical European history, so I can't really relate too well to discussions on it as of yet. 

All I know at this point in what I've observed is that the Hapsburgs seem to be a good family of Catholic royals.
I suppose if he were found bailing hay somewhere in a tiny backwater village in the Czech Republic, and had never realized he was a Royal, nor ever been known as one, nor touched by the European Ruling class in anyway, I could get behind him. Otherwise it'd be a  :bronxcheer: :bronxcheer: :bronxcheer:

tim