French monarchy and Catholic Traditionalism
Ah, Monarchies. Only a trad Catholic monarchy will do!
"a third rate cowardly nation"
A bit harsh don't you think so?
This nation you are so much despising decisively helped the US  in becoming a 1st rate nation.
The US next to be a 3rd rate one too?
Perhaps you forgot they never payed back a dime for re-building them after WWII. Or that they tried to fight us in WWII, but fell over to the Nazis.  Or that the French revolution is one of the worst developments in the past several hundred years, right up there with the Reformation, Napoleon, and Hitler. I think they stink, but you are entitled to your opinion.
tim
(12-26-2010, 06:26 PM)timoose Wrote: Perhaps you forgot they never payed back a dime for re-building them after WWII. Or that they tried to fight us in WWII, but fell over to the Nazis.  Or that the French revolution is one of the worst developments in the past several hundred years, right up there with the Reformation, Napoleon, and Hitler. I think they stink, but you are entitled to your opinion.
tim
Did the US ever paid a dime to the French for their help in the Independence War? The huge amounts the King Louis XVI spent led France to bankrupt of which the Revolution was the main sad outcome, this Revolution that was first ploted in the British masonic lodges.
When did France ever try to fight the US during WWII? Here is a new tale.  So far as I know there was an US ambassador in France for almost the duration of the war.
(12-26-2010, 12:54 PM)timoose Wrote: I think it comes from Yves Dupont's book concerning the Antichrist and the return of an unknown French Monarch.
ahhhhh thank you, that makes perfect sense

(12-26-2010, 06:45 PM)maso Wrote: Did the US ever paid a dime to the French for their help in the Independence War? The huge amounts the King Louis XVI spent led France to bankrupt of which the Revolution was the main sad outcome, this Revolution that was first ploted in the British masonic lodges.
I was unaware France put so much money into rebuilding our infrastructure after we left the British Empire

i doubt north vietnam or north korea paid china or their other benefactor ussr, that's how wars (not post-wars) work, France chose to join in - French Catholics volunteered to help those British-American masons and their "evil" plot.

I am a fan of French (modern and past) people and greatly appreciate their help, espiecially the French land forces, and the aid of the Spanish and Dutch navies during the Revolutionary War - also like their language

(12-26-2010, 06:45 PM)maso Wrote: When did France ever try to fight the US during WWII? Here is a new tale.   So far as I know there was an US ambassador in France for almost the duration of the war.
Morocco landings are the most prominent example, British had various battles with them before in Africa and elsewhere (were not too happy when the British sunk their navy after the fall to germany)
My father fought in Africa, he was a tank commander. He also fought in Europe, and the Pacific. He was promised two weeks off in Paris after the VE, but Ike called him and others to get back to Fort Dix, and move out to San Diego, board a ship for the Phillipines, where he was in charge of a POW camp, and guarded a RR that would take soldiers to embarkation for the invasion.
tim
(12-26-2010, 07:05 PM)timoose Wrote: My father fought in Africa, he was a tank commander. He also fought in Europe, and the Pacific. He was promised two weeks off in Paris after the VE, but Ike called him and others to get back to Fort Dix, and move out to San Diego, board a ship for the Phillipines, where he was in charge of a POW camp, and guarded a RR that would take soldiers to embarkation for the invasion.
tim
oohhhh that is cool, my grandparents missed out in WWII (one was chosen to be the son not to go to war with his brothers, the other was too young but was later in Korea against the reds)

my neighbor was a ball turret gunner stationed in North Africa, he had absolutely nothing positive to say about the locals  ;D did your dad ever mention anything about them? but being in the tank he was obviously all over and maybe didnt stay in one spot long enough to "befriend" the lybians like my neighbor
(12-26-2010, 06:55 PM)Scythian Wrote:
(12-26-2010, 12:54 PM)timoose Wrote: I think it comes from Yves Dupont's book concerning the Antichrist and the return of an unknown French Monarch.
ahhhhh thank you, that makes perfect sense

(12-26-2010, 06:45 PM)maso Wrote: Did the US ever paid a dime to the French for their help in the Independence War? The huge amounts the King Louis XVI spent led France to bankrupt of which the Revolution was the main sad outcome, this Revolution that was first ploted in the British masonic lodges.
I was unaware France put so much money into rebuilding our infrastructure after we left the British Empire

i doubt north vietnam or north korea paid china or their other benefactor ussr, that's how wars (not post-wars) work, France chose to join in - French Catholics volunteered to help those British-American masons and their "evil" plot.

I am a fan of French (modern and past) people and greatly appreciate their help, espiecially the French land forces, and the aid of the Spanish and Dutch navies during the Revolutionary War

(12-26-2010, 06:45 PM)maso Wrote: When did France ever try to fight the US during WWII? Here is a new tale.   So far as I know there was an US ambassador in France for almost the duration of the war.
Morocco landings are the most prominent example, British had various battles with them before in Africa and elsewhere (were not too happy when the British sunk their navy after the fall to germany)

1/I was speaking about the cost of the Independance war, not the reconstruction if there was any.
2/ After the bombing of the French fleet by the British fleet at Mers el Kebir in 1940 (1300 french sailors dead) without any prior warning, the French had the right to be cautious with their former alliee and any other "friend" country.
The French forces in Morocco and Algeria were attacked by the US in the same way, as an invasion force. 3 days later an armistice was agreed and talks began in Algiers between the US an Admiral Darlan who represented the French Govt with the aim to consider how France could enter into war again. Mr De Gaulle (with the tacit agreement of Mr Churchill) succeeded in murdering him and torpedoed the talks...
"Lord keep us safe of our friends while we strive to fight our ennemies"

"were not too happy when the British sunk their navy": The battleship Hood took her reward of the infamous attack of Mers El Kebir (which she participated in) when the Bismarck sunk her in 3 minutes some months later.
Anyway the British destroyed only less than 5 p.c. of the French fleet in that occasion. And this was a good help to Hitler's propaganda showing how treacherous the Brits could be, not speaking of the collaborationists in France.
My father had 9x12 glossies of his tanks and their crews and he posed in each one. If I remember correctly it was five of six. I used to pester him but he wouldn't tell me much of anything about the war. I had his maps from the war, but I've since given them to my youngest sister. He had some snapshots of Hitler he had found along the way. He brought back a Luger and an SS riding crop.
tim
(12-26-2010, 12:50 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: I support the return of the French monarchy, but there's no reason why it must be Louis-Alphonse ("Louis XX"), or the Orleanist guy, or the current Prince Napoleon. Let the true king, whoever it is, be acclaimed and take his kingdom by the right of conquest.

Isn't that how they got Napoleon? Sounds like brute force and nothing else. But maybe I'm misreading you.
It is also very odd how liberty equality and fraternity were thrown away so quickly for a charismatic leader. 
I used to be a monarchist but  I don't see it as very useful anymore. Kind of hard to convince modern people that there really is such a thing as "royal blood". But it still has an attraction. Even the Brits aren't willing to give it up.
The last Catholic monarch of any note I know of is good old "Bokassa", crowned in a Catholic cathedral no less with cardinal in attendance though his majesty crowned himself. He wanted to do it Napoleon style.

Video: http://asooke.com/videos-bokassa-coronat...oXQ%5D.cfm

[Image: ya006315.jpg]

Eventually, he found his Robespierre.

C.