Why I'm Giving Up Communion On the Tongue
Its lame to say the least.
(12-29-2010, 07:44 PM)verenaerin Wrote:If we have to go to NO, we are always last in line to get a priest. We kneel and recieve on the tongue. This really bothered a one of the priests there. Seeing us in the back, he changed lines to the other side of the church. We changed lines to follow him. Then right as my husband (who was in front of me) turn was up, he back up and went up to the sanctuary, leaving a startled EM. My husband was furious, and just turned around and went back to our seats, I followed. After Mass was over, he went to the sanctuary,

Mr T- "Father, you forgot to give us Holy Communion."
Father- "Oh, I did, well there are other servers there."
Mr. T- silence
Father- "Ok, meet me at the front of the church"

So with kids in tow, we all went up to the front of the church and knelt, waiting for the priest, who did come. If he was hoping to be stealth, he failed. The church is a auditorium, half circle thing. And after Mass usually people hang around and talk. The church was silent as they watched Father and us.

There have been times when Holy Communion has been withheld from me for kneeling. These priests are a mess. As I said in a nother thread, no wonder why everytime the Blessed Mother appears she is always sad and crying.
No TLM around?
(12-29-2010, 05:47 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: You only need to receive Communion once a year, during the season of Easter. That's a better route in my opinion than the hand stuff.

Indeed.
This was on posted on OBOB and lately CITH is the hot-button issue there.  Only a minority of Catholics there are against CITH and have basically plugged their ears to anything anyone says against it.
I have never gone to an EMHC to receive the host.  On a few occasions, I received from the deacon, but this was at a very conservative parish that only used deacons for that function.  He didn't give me any trouble receiving on the tongue.  The only time it's been an issue was if I was traveling and found myself at a very liberal NO and/or couldn't figure out where to get into the priest's line.  Oh, and there was the short stint where our local bishop requested that nobody received on the tongue to prevent swine flu, but my priest didn't seem too worried about it.  If you're going to the same church every weekend, or on any regular basis, it's easy to arrange receiving with the priest, no need to go up to an EMHC.
(12-29-2010, 10:06 PM)dark lancer Wrote: This was on posted on OBOB and lately CITH is the hot-button issue there.  Only a minority of Catholics there are against CITH and have basically plugged their ears to anything anyone says against it.
Yeah, I was just banned from OBOB and CF.  Apparently, trying to tell an ex-Catholic Protestant heretic who was masquerading as supposedly devout Catholick, all the while sowing doubt and the seeds of Prot-ism in the hearts of potential Catholics and young converts; attempting to draw them away from Roman Catholicism, is bad. :doh:
(12-30-2010, 12:41 AM)Virgil the Roman Wrote:
(12-29-2010, 10:06 PM)dark lancer Wrote: This was on posted on OBOB and lately CITH is the hot-button issue there.  Only a minority of Catholics there are against CITH and have basically plugged their ears to anything anyone says against it.
Yeah, I was just banned from OBOB and CF.  Apparently, trying to tell an ex-Catholic Protestant heretic who was masquerading as supposedly devout Catholick, all the while sowing doubt and the seeds of Prot-ism in the hearts of potential Catholics and young converts; attempting to draw them away from Roman Catholicism, is bad. :doh:

Who was that?
(12-30-2010, 12:41 AM)Virgil the Roman Wrote:

I was banned from OBOB years ago. I tried last year to get unbanned but they never did. I am better off here anyway...I probably would just end up banned again and say something in which would require a confession.

(12-29-2010, 07:11 PM)Baskerville Wrote: It never ceases to surprise me how many stupid people go to the NO. This NOtard could solve all her problems by receiving only from the Priest.

List all the TLMs celebrated every Sunday (and Holiday) in the world and the Churches (and chapels) where this is done.  Not everybody can go to the TLM and there is still the serious obligation to fulfill the Sunday precept.  These close to a billion Catholics are all stupid?  These sheeple have no choice.  There is some sense of a schismatic drift in statements like these.
You cannot be under an obligation to attend a service that puts your soul in danger and blasphemes Our Lord any more than the Pope can bound you under pain of sin to go to a Mosque to fulfill your Sunday obligation.