favorite liquor? mixed drinks? wine?
(12-30-2010, 01:50 AM)Texican Wrote: Drink less.

Drink diet.
(12-30-2010, 01:53 AM)dark lancer Wrote:
(12-30-2010, 01:50 AM)Texican Wrote: Drink less.

Drink diet.
:amen:
The Eastern Aussie's are putting out good cheap wine at the moment ($4-$5). Little Roo being one of the brands.  I pretty much just get reds, but if I get a white than I go for wine from the Rhine Valley like Liebfraumilch (Milk of the Lady), it is cheap as well and nice and crisp after being in the fridge for a bit. Seabridge is a good cheap Cali wine as well.

As to beer, I don't drink much of that anymore, so I go for quality and freshness (no carbo added to take the place of dead yeast). I try to keep it local, Rahr, to maximize freshness and even go to their Saturday "Tours" 3 Pints for $5.

As to the brown stuff, I keep to St. Remy (I prefer VSOP to XO) and Canadian Club (curse you Don Draper!). All straight up! As the saying goes, "if you have to alter the drink, it wasn't good to begin with". I do get Rum and Cokes if I find myself at a place that the bar and bartender appear to be lacking an actually stocked bar and a lacking in knowledgable bartender.
I like beer.  Mixed drinks really aren't my forte. 
how about yur thirte?
(12-29-2010, 11:50 PM)MaterLaeta Wrote: Sprite with peppermint schnapps is great.

that sound good!
i like gin and tonic

makes me feel sexy!!!
I had a hot buttered rum in New Orleans recently and it was divine.  I experimented at home a bit with it, not quite as good, but close.  I like to drink black coffee with peppermint schnapps around New Years, helps me stay up late.  :laughing:  I like drinking gin over ice with lime and olives, but this is a very dangerous drink for me!

Beer seems to be hard on my system, gives me stomach problems that make me feel like I have to drink more beer to overcome them.  Weird.  If I do drink beer, I prefer Guinness, which is oddly enough, lower in calories than lite beer.

Wine I like dry reds, last week I had a bottle of Beaujolais.  I probably won't be drinking for awhile though, because I'm endeavoring to lose weight and drinking tends to make me weak in my resolve to eat less.
I love good champagne. And white burgundy. Yes, I said white burgundy. Yum!
I once had a shot called a fuzzy nipple.  I dont' know what it was but it was good.  Anyone know?