Old Earth
I don't believe in a 6000 years old earth, the city of Jericho is older than 6000 years old.

I believe in what regular anthropology says, that Homo Sapiens Sapiens has dozens of thousands of years, that for most of our existence we were hunter gatherers, until we begun farming in the middle east more than 6000 years ago.

I also believe that God created Humans, in Adam and Eve, and original sin.
(01-01-2011, 05:33 PM)justlurking Wrote: I don't believe in a 6000 years old earth, the city of Jericho is older than 6000 years old.

I believe in what regular anthropology says, that Homo Sapiens Sapiens has dozens of thousands of years, that for most of our existence we were hunter gatherers, until we begun farming in the middle east more than 6000 years ago.

Good luck with that, trying to reconcile Christ with Belial.

I believe in the word of God, it's enough for me.
(01-01-2011, 06:05 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(01-01-2011, 05:33 PM)justlurking Wrote: I don't believe in a 6000 years old earth, the city of Jericho is older than 6000 years old.

Good luck with that, trying to reconcile Christ with Belial.

I believe in the word of God, it's enough for me.

It's enough for me as well.

Besides, there is absolutely ZERO proof of any human civilization before 2500 - 2900 BC (non-fabricated proof, that is), which would be around the time of the Tower of Babel only perhaps a century or so after the Great Flood.  Evolutionists truly amaze me.  They claim that mankind, as we are now, with all of our same ambition and will, have been around for over 100,000 years (some say for even as much as 500,000 years!).  If that was the case, there would be MUCH more evidence of civilization before 2900 BC, for mankind strives for civilization.  Where was the Sumeria of 100,000 BC?  Where was the Egypt of 50,000 BC?  Where was the Babylon of 20,000 BC?  They are not there because the Deluge occurred aprox. 4,500 -  5,000 years ago (around 2500 - 3000 BC).
(01-01-2011, 02:04 PM)salus Wrote: after the fall God allowed a gradual downward spiral, sort of like a vegetable which when it cooks loses its vitamins. All education and healthcare is mankind's desperate attempt to return to the pristine world of genius and total health that Adam & Eve had before they ate of the tree putting them as the authority over what God told them to do.

Absolutely fascinating analogy!

This discussion was really a good un, particularly in the talk about neanderthals being the aged remains of centurion humans.  Any more talk or links about that concept?  That neanderthals were actually pre-Deluvian human beings?
I have enjoyed this site, but alas, it's put together by a protestant:

http://www.angelfire.com/mi/dinosaurs/

(12-30-2010, 12:43 AM)dymphna17 Wrote: Why wouldn't Neanderthals have souls?  Were they just like another animal?

If they existed, then they did have souls.  Every living thing has a soul.  Only human beings have rational and immortal souls.
The pyramids are over 12,500 years old not by horse feathers but checking the data. Check the data for your self.
tim
It is my personal opinion that we are living on a young Earth, what exactly this means in terms of specific age is not very clear as I haven't actually traced the history of the world very complexly, the earth is NOT 4.54 Billion years old as evolutionists claim.  I personally believe it cannot be more than one million.  The evidence is twofold, both scientific and theological.  The scientific evidence is as follows:

There should be an abundance of Supernova Remnants had the big bang occurred many billions of years ago, as Remnants are created when starts and clouds expand rapidly, however, we haven't found any more than a couple thousand years old. 

If the outer regions of spiral galaxies spin much slower than the inner regions, as they have been found to do, then theoretically and logically the spiral structure would no longer be evident after billions of years.  However, the spiral formations are still very evident, discrediting that claim.

If one reads a bit about radiometric dating and fossil records, one will be hard pressed to believe the figure of 4.54 billion years.

(01-01-2011, 08:01 PM)timoose Wrote: The pyramids are over 12,500 years old not by horse feathers but checking the data. Check the data for your self.
tim

If by "pyramids" you mean the Egytptian pyramids, then no, that is not accurate at all.  The earliest known Egyptian pyramids are found at Saqqara, northwest of Memphis.  The earliest of these pyramids is the Pyramid of Djoser, which is believed by most Egyptologists to have been constructed between 2500 - 2600 BC.
The Great Pyramid was built when the Sahara had rain. Look at the erosion at the butt end, it was caused by torrential rains. That is about 10,000 years ago. There are no Egyptian hieroglyphs in any of them, so that makes their construction with the Egyptians is doubtful. Geologists and Archaeologists are arguing about these facts. The science is on the side of the geologists.
tim