Prayer injuries
My Dad was plagued with bursitis of the hip for years, and one doctor told him to take large doses of vitamin C every day, and it got better immediately.  Vitamin C aids swelling and helps joints repair themselves.  It ain't gonna kill you to try it.  :fish:
(01-03-2011, 01:00 AM)miss_fluffy Wrote: My Dad was plagued with bursitis of the hip for years, and one doctor told him to take large doses of vitamin C every day, and it got better immediately.  Vitamin C aids swelling and helps joints repair themselves.  It ain't gonna kill you to try it.   :fish:

I'm already eating 3-5 oranges a day by mandate of Weight Watchers' PointsPlus program, so I'll see how that goes.
I guess I've not shaken my holy-roller roots, entirely.  The thread title gave me visions of lacerated foreheads and old women clucking their tounges and saying if someone had to get stitches, they lacked faith and/or were faking whatever acrobatic maneuver earned them aforementioned laceration.  Keep God in the acrobatics and nobody gets hurt!

When I prayed the fifteen decades daily, I broke it up, or else only knelt during the Sorrowful.  Now we pray five decades together as a family daily, and I usually pray sitting.  But then I have some physical problems which make it unlikely my knees will last me as long as they should, even if I treat them well.
(01-03-2011, 01:02 AM)dark lancer Wrote: I'm already eating 3-5 oranges a day by mandate of Weight Watchers' PointsPlus program, so I'll see how that goes.

Papayas, peppers, Brussels sprouts and broccoli all have more vitamin c than oranges, so you can mix it up a bit, if you ever get tired of eating oranges.

Vitamin C enhances iron absorption, so be you need to be aware of  problems that may arise from that.
(01-02-2011, 02:15 PM)deprofundis Wrote: Sounds like this is not a cartilage problem (glucosamine chondroitin supplements help this).  This sounds like busitis (infrapatellar superficial bursitis or clergyman's knee).  This is best treated with rest and anti-inflammatories (NSAIDS) like ibuprofen.  This may take a few weeks.  Sometimes injected steroids if case is bad and doesn't respond to the above.  See your doctor, but this is likely the deal.

deprofundis, MD

What about ice packs, pressed hard(secured with a firm wrap) on the sore spots? Is this a good type of therapy in conjuction with ibuprofin?
Ice packs intermittantly applied as you indicated are good especially in the first 24-48 hrs after onset or flare-up.  No heat during that time.  After that, you can do either/or/both as you feel.