I got fired today
(01-03-2011, 11:55 PM)Beware_the_Ides Wrote:
(01-03-2011, 07:31 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: That's not fired, that's laid off.  The distinction is important when you file for unemployment.  Do NOT say you were fired.

:pray:

Yeah, you're right.  It just didn't feel that way at the time.

In a way, I'm not that upset because I really wasn't happy there, but it's still a bitter pill to swallow because, of course,  I'd have rather left on my own terms.

Anyway, I'm trying real hard to look at this as an answer to my prayers but don't really know how to get to where I think God wants me to go.

Thanks to everyone for your prayers.
Been there...  :pray: :pray: :pray:

(01-08-2011, 10:50 PM)Joamy Wrote:
(01-03-2011, 11:55 PM)Beware_the_Ides Wrote:
(01-03-2011, 07:31 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: That's not fired, that's laid off.  The distinction is important when you file for unemployment.  Do NOT say you were fired.
:pray:
Yeah, you're right.  It just didn't feel that way at the time.
In a way, I'm not that upset because I really wasn't happy there, but it's still a bitter pill to swallow because, of course,  I'd have rather left on my own terms.
Anyway, I'm trying real hard to look at this as an answer to my prayers but don't really know how to get to where I think God wants me to go.
Thanks to everyone for your prayers.
Been there...  :pray: :pray: :pray:
Been there more than once.  More than twice or thrice, for that matter.  I live in Michigan.  :pray2:
Thanks again, everyone.

I've had three interviews and three offers, which is a huge relief. 

I have another interview tentatively set for Tuesday evening.  I feel confident from my phone conversations and email exchanges that I'll get an offer from this guy too.

I'd greatly appreciate continued prayers for proper discernment.

(01-06-2011, 11:38 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: Leaving on your own terms means you can't file for unemployment.  Of course, it might have meant that you had other work lined up.  But either way, take advantage of the system.  It's designed for people who want to work and intend to work again soon.

Yeah.  "My own terms," meant leaving for another job - like 8-9 people did on the same day I got canned.  It would have been much more dignified than having my boss come into town to say, 'today is you last day...give me your car/keys, laptop, phone, credit cards, gather your belongings, then we'll go over your separation agreement and get you a taxi.'

Then again, the Lord probably decided I was overdue for a dose of humility.  It was probably best that way though - 'like taking off a Bandaid - one motion - RiGHT OFF!'
(01-14-2011, 12:56 AM)Beware_the_Ides Wrote: Thanks again, everyone.

I've had three interviews and three offers, which is a huge relief. 

I have another interview tentatively set for Tuesday evening.  I feel confident from my phone conversations and email exchanges that I'll get an offer from this guy too.

I'd greatly appreciate continued prayers for proper discernment.
:pray2:
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
I got fired a month ago, over something I shouldn't have gotten fired for.  I am ineligible for unemployment benefits because the company I worked for made sure that the termination was my fault, so they could get out of paying unemployment.  It's a bad case of a single part-time employee's word against a corporation's word.  I am still looking for work - nothing so far.  Please keep me in prayer, that God will open a door of opportunity for me, so I can get back into the work force and earn my keep.