Francis Cardinal George talks about Vatican II
(01-04-2011, 02:45 AM)Virgil the Roman Wrote: How do you going about judging men's souls?  I am urging caution; not pride or the judging of souls, which our Saviour condemned.

Who is judging someone's soul?  I have no certainty of the state of the soul of Richard Dawkins or Christopher Hitchens but handsome is as handsome does.  They act like enemies of the Church, they are enemies of the Church. 

Simply apply the standards expressed by St. Pius X against the modernists. 

"Though they express astonishment themselves, no one can justly be surprised that We number such men among the enemies of the Church, if, leaving out of consideration the internal disposition of soul, of which God alone is the judge, he is acquainted with their tenets, their manner of speech, their conduct. Nor indeed will he err in accounting them the most pernicious of all the adversaries of the Church. For as We have said, they put their designs for her ruin into operation not from without but from within; hence, the danger is present almost in the very veins and heart of the Church, whose injury is the more certain, the more intimate is their knowledge of her." 
Okay.
(01-04-2011, 02:57 AM)Gerard Wrote:
(01-04-2011, 02:45 AM)Virgil the Roman Wrote: How do you going about judging men's souls?  I am urging caution; not pride or the judging of souls, which our Saviour condemned.

Who is judging someone's soul?  I have no certainty of the state of the soul of Richard Dawkins or Christopher Hitchens but handsome is as handsome does.  They act like enemies of the Church, they are enemies of the Church. 

"Though they express astonishment themselves, no one can justly be surprised that We number such men among the enemies of the Church, if, leaving out of consideration the internal disposition of soul, of which God alone is the judge, he is acquainted with their tenets, their manner of speech, their conduct. Nor indeed will he err in accounting them the most pernicious of all the adversaries of the Church. For as We have said, they put their designs for her ruin into operation not from without but from within; hence, the danger is present almost in the very veins and heart of the Church, whose injury is the more certain, the more intimate is their knowledge of her." 

According to Fr. Hesse, if anyone has heard  his talks, we do and may judge whether someone is an enemy of the Church, but not whether he intends to be an enemy of the Church.  The first is objective.  The second is subjective.
Francis Cardinal George, another "Catholic in the proper sense."

This new Church is a laughing stock.
Cardinal George said perhaps someone on EWTN said it. I'm sure he knows that someone was Raymond Arroyo, with Fr.Richard Neuhaus in their coverage of the USCCB. Mr. Arroyo had asked someone in the know and he had said 50+% had voted for the Obama. This is the kind of stuff that gets me to the point of punching a person. Why can't they tell the blunt truth ? Why all of the word dancing is beyond my understanding.He then makes the case for voting for the Obama under certain circumstances to justify their vote, so why not make the case first and say oh by the way 50+% of the Bishops voted for him, so they are putting pressure on him as we speak. Perhaps they are not is why.
tim
(01-04-2011, 07:47 AM)Christus Imperat Wrote:
(01-04-2011, 02:57 AM)Gerard Wrote:

According to Fr. Hesse, if anyone has heard  his talks, we do and may judge whether someone is an enemy of the Church, but not whether he intends to be an enemy of the Church.  The first is objective.  The second is subjective.

The Revised Baltimore Catechism states that, "A Catholic can best safeguard his faith by... refusing to associate with the enemies of the Church" (Q. 204).  So it implies that we are able to judge who is an enemy of the Church, because that is necessary before choosing with whom not to associate.

A quote from the second video:  "The Catholics who voted for Obama have an obligation in conscience to put pressure on the government to say, 'We voted for you, not because you are pro-abortion, but for other reasons, and so we don't want you to follow out the abortion agenda,' because he looks like he's intent on doing that."

My translation:  "Even though you support killing babies and you're intent on making it easier to do so, we still voted for you.  Don't continue to do what you've staunchly supported in the past and what you've already planned on doing as soon as you get into office**" (i.e. Freedom of Choice Act).  ???  :laughing:

:doh:

**Back on 17 July  2007:

"The first thing I'd do, as president, is sign the Freedom of Choice Act. That's the first thing that I'd do."