Communion in the Hand: Sacrilege?
Yes but it argues against doctrine
If Our lord Is presentThen mundane and casual reception is a sin. And nothing seems to encourage this sin more
(01-08-2011, 10:48 AM)Stubborn Wrote:
(01-08-2011, 10:18 AM)lumine Wrote: Some people are confusing doctrine with discipline here.  Fundamentally speaking, receiving Holy Communion in the hand does not go against doctrine. 
As for crisis in the Church, these times are not the greatest crisis the Church has ever seen.  One only needs to read accurate history in order to know this.

Fundamentally speaking, I agree CITH does not go against doctrine in the NO, but then again, what does go against doctrine in the NO, please enlighten me - - - - - as soon as something appears to go against doctrine in the NO, a new doctrine is perpetrated - like CITH.

This crisis is the worst the world has ever known and hopefully will ever know.

Never before has pretty much the entire world been led into error by bad shepherds of the church under the guise of obedience.

CITH does not go against Catholic Doctrine.
(01-08-2011, 11:29 AM)lumine Wrote:
(01-08-2011, 10:18 AM)lumine Wrote: Some people are confusing doctrine with discipline here.  Fundamentally speaking, receiving Holy Communion in the hand does not go against doctrine. 
As for crisis in the Church, these times are not the greatest crisis the Church has ever seen.  One only needs to read accurate history in order to know this.

Fundamentally speaking, I agree CITH does not go against doctrine in the NO, but then again, what does go against doctrine in the NO, please enlighten me - - - - - as soon as something appears to go against doctrine in the NO, a new doctrine is perpetrated - like CITH.

Never before has pretty much the entire world been led into error by bad shepherds of the church under the guise of obedience.

Perhaps you can post the pre and post V2 doctrine on CITH?
(01-08-2011, 10:48 AM)Stubborn Wrote: This crisis is the worst the world has ever known and hopefully will ever know.

Never heard of St Athanasius, eh? 'The whole world groaned and found itself Arian' as he stood virtually alone against the bad shepherds.

the way it is practiced in the real world it does.
ever been to a mega mass? World Youth Day etc? our lords body is treated like the free toy given in a happy meal.
And lets not forget the chalice of the precious blood handed around spilt and slobbered on.
I thank God Im eastern rite and I dont have to witness this travesty every sunday.
(01-08-2011, 12:31 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(01-08-2011, 10:48 AM)Stubborn Wrote: This crisis is the worst the world has ever known and hopefully will ever know.

Never heard of St Athanasius, eh? 'The whole world groaned and found itself Arian' as he stood virtually alone against the bad shepherds.

Well in 2000 there are almost 7 billion people in the world, in the year 400 there were what, 200 million - with no TV, phone, radio, etc.

It is a safe guess to say that number wise, this crisis dwarfs any other in the history of the world.
lumine Wrote:CITH does not go against Catholic Doctrine.

Neither does receiving communion in a string-bikini, or in my birthday suit for that matter (like JPII's mass in Papua New Guinea). It's not "doctrine", right?

It's quite despicable to see so many Catholics who use a legalistic "sola doctrina" approach to the faith. The Church has never saw fit to codify every issue under the sun, as so many common-sense issues (such as proper reception of Communion) should come as a manifestation of a well-catechized Catholic's mind.  The Law of the Church is in place to serve and glorify God. When Catholics use this law and exploit "loopholes" to accommodate their own agendas (even when these agendas are objectively disordered and are affecting souls), it is outright sacrilege.
I
(01-08-2011, 02:36 PM)Joshua Wrote:
lumine Wrote:CITH does not go against Catholic Doctrine.

Neither does receiving communion in a string-bikini, or in my birthday suit for that matter (like JPII's mass in Papua New Guinea). It's not "doctrine", right?

It's quite despicable to see so many Catholics who use a legalistic "sola doctrina" approach to the faith. The Church has never saw fit to codify every issue under the sun, as so many common-sense issues (such as proper reception of Communion) should come as a manifestation of a well-catechized Catholic's mind.  The Law of the Church is in place to serve and glorify God. When Catholics use this law and exploit "loopholes" to accommodate their own agendas (even when these agendas are objectively disordered and are affecting souls), it is outright sacrilege.
Lol zackly!

Receiving holy Communion in the hand has associations with rejection of transubstantiation in this post-Reformation world.