Question about Lucifer.
Okay Lucifer is the devil right? He was an angel yes? Was he a Seraphim? they are the highest angels right? Or was he an Archangel? Or some other type of angel? I know this is a stupid question and probably no one really for sure knows the answer but I was just wondering if anywhere in scripture it said what type of Angel he was.
He was a Cherub Ezekiel 28:11-19
Yes, I  was taught that he is of the order of the cherubim: those angels which are renowned for and endowed with great divine knowledge and the intellectual beauty which facilitates it.
I think, too, that he was created as the brightest, most intelligent and most glorious of all angelic creation:
thus his presumption before Almighty God, his utterly despiteful envy of Our Lady as the summit of natural creation in the order of Grace (after the created Humanity of Our Lord only), the severity of his Fall, and the principle reason he is such a dangerously cunning foe.

And we should use the word "is" while describing him - as well as all demons - because we must remember that they are still angels, and even though they are now permanently and eternally separated from - as well as being at war with - God, they lost nothing of the splendidly awesome powers which they retain merely by virtue of their created angelic nature.

Demons, and Satan especially (because he is such a powerful angel - a cherub), are the most powerfully destrutive forces of nature: far more than any earthquake or tsunami. And were it not for the very short tether God has given them in which to operate, as well as for the protection wrought through the agency of each and every human being's angel guardian, they would gladly and easily physically destroy each and every one of us in an instant, with the most potent malice imaginable.

Pray to St. Michael, and be close friends with your Guardian Angel!
(01-05-2011, 09:26 AM)nicolemarie003 Wrote: Okay Lucifer is the devil right? He was an angel yes? Was he a Seraphim? they are the highest angels right? Or was he an Archangel? Or some other type of angel? I know this is a stupid question and probably no one really for sure knows the answer but I was just wondering if anywhere in scripture it said what type of Angel he was.

I have also read that he was either the head of or in charge somehow of music.  I have read theories that this is why he seems to work so much through some of the more demonic aspects of modern music.  Has anyone else heard this?

(01-05-2011, 11:25 AM)Lee Wrote: Yes, I  was taught that he is of the order of the cherubim: those angels which are renowned for and endowed with great divine knowledge and the intellectual beauty which facilitates it.
I think, too, that he was created as the brightest, most intelligent and most glorious of all angelic creation:
thus his presumption before Almighty God, his utterly despiteful envy of Our Lady as the summit of natural creation in the order of Grace (after the created Humanity of Our Lord only), the severity of his Fall, and the principle reason he is such a dangerously cunning foe.

And we should use the word "is" while describing him - as well as all demons - because we must remember that they are still angels, and even though they are now permanently and eternally separated from - as well as being at war with - God, they lost nothing of the splendidly awesome powers which they retain merely by virtue of their created angelic nature.

Demons, and Satan especially (because he is such a powerful angel - a cherub), are the most powerfully destrutive forces of nature: far more than any earthquake or tsunami. And were it not for the very short tether God has given them in which to operate, as well as for the protection wrought through the agency of each and every human being's angel guardian, they would gladly and easily physically destroy each and every one of us in an instant, with the most potent malice imaginable.

Pray to St. Michael, and be close friends with your Guardian Angel!

This is what I was taught - well stated!
(01-05-2011, 10:38 AM)Augstine Baker Wrote: He was a Cherub Ezekiel 28:11-19

I wonder if he had one of those cute porky little Cherub's bottoms before the fall?
(01-05-2011, 12:07 PM)verenaerin Wrote:One thinf Fr. M. Martin always said was that Lucifer and Satan were 2 different beings. Could someone explain that? I thought they were the same angel.

Lucifer

(Latin: light-bearer; the morning star, the sun)

Although it sometimes refers to a King of Babylon (in Isaiah 14), the Fathers apply it in a spiritual sense to the leader of the fallen angels, or Satan. In Christian literature it is a synonym for the devil, the prince of darkness, and alludes to the high estate from which he fell. In the blessing of the Easter candle it signifies Christ, the "light of the world."

New Catholic Dictionary
(01-05-2011, 12:07 PM)verenaerin Wrote:One thinf Fr. M. Martin always said was that Lucifer and Satan were 2 different beings. Could someone explain that? I thought they were the same angel.

There is a thread about that:

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...sg33340244