Went to a hooka bar tonight for the first time.
(01-11-2011, 07:53 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: Ugh, kids.  :laughing:

Agreed.  This kind of stuff is much less charming when you're over 30. :D
(01-11-2011, 11:53 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
(01-11-2011, 07:53 PM)Jacafamala Wrote: Ugh, kids.  :laughing:

Agreed.  This kind of stuff is much less charming when you're over 30. :D
:laughing:
Herb.
I don't like the hookah bar we have here...smelly kids who don't wash their hair or clothes go there and they all smoke off of the same pipe and ew.
(01-11-2011, 03:15 AM)piabee Wrote: The only time I've felt a buzz from smoking was with hookah. My friend's Egyptian roommate had a hookah. Something to do at parties.

I'm telling.

"The Gate of a A Hundred Sorrows" is required reading for anyone who goes to a hookah bar.

http://www.readbookonline.net/readOnLine/2450/
Well, unlike my Lord HK and several others in this thread, I'm more of a smoke enthusiast.  (You might have noticed my avatar, which may have clued you in.)  I've only been to a hooka bar once, and very much enjoyed it.  It might have been the particular tobacco that I had there, but I found it to be extremely mild, and didn't notice any sort of buzz.  Might just be my smoke-acclimated constitution.

(01-13-2011, 04:00 PM)Iolanthe Wrote: I'm telling.

"The Gate of a A Hundred Sorrows" is required reading for anyone who goes to a hookah bar.

http://www.readbookonline.net/readOnLine/2450/

Lolanthe, I can understand your concern, but trust me when I say that a general smoky haze is the only similarity between a hooka bar and Kipling's opium dens and Black Smoke.  Any upstanding hooka bar (read: any hooka bar that is run in the public eye) is going to offer tobacco, and only tobacco, not opiate narcotics.  There is a pretty wide gulf between joining some friends for a hooka, and smoking oneself to death in the bitter self-loathing of an opium den.
I smoke a hookah occasionally though I am more of a Pipe guy. I like Manderin orange and Double Apple. The only qualms I have is most of this comes from muslim countries and I dont want to support their economies but it tastes so good. :smokin: