Michael Voris and the Blessed Sacrament
(01-13-2011, 11:26 PM)Resurrexi Wrote:
(01-12-2011, 09:32 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote: No, no.  If you really want to get people fornicating, nothing works so well as condemnation and hellfire. 

Ehh, how so?

The thinking is that forbidden fruit always arouses the most curiosity.  Biology, when it comes to fornication, will suffice to provide a near insatiability that is rarely matched in other tendencies—but nothing tops it off like making a big fuss and calling it wicked.  Because then it's really something.
(01-13-2011, 11:08 PM)EcceQuamBonum Wrote: Like jovan in his Anglican days, I would not consider myself to be personally protestant.  I'm a weird Anglican, though:  I even accept papal infallibility.

???

Curveball. 
(01-13-2011, 11:10 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(01-13-2011, 11:08 PM)EcceQuamBonum Wrote: I'm a weird Anglican, though:  I even accept papal infallibility.   :P

So how do you remain an Anglican then?

Goooooood question.

(01-14-2011, 01:22 AM)Gilgamesh Wrote:
(01-13-2011, 11:08 PM)EcceQuamBonum Wrote: Like jovan in his Anglican days, I would not consider myself to be personally protestant.  I'm a weird Anglican, though:  I even accept papal infallibility.

???

Curveball. 

:laughing:  I didn't say it made sense.
Why not find yourself a Traditional Roman Catholic or Byzantine Catholic priest who is orthodox in their theology and cross the Tiber?  We know in and belief the entire WORD OF GOD; as the whole is comprised of Sacred Tradition and Holy Scripture together: one and without separation.  We know the Holy Ghost remains perpetually and without hiatus or interruption within the Holy Roman Catholic Apostolic Church our Blessed Saviour Jesus Christ established; the same which is guided and shepherded by the Vicegerent whom He has appointed: the Roman Pontiff Benedict XVI.  We know salvation cannot be found in an sectary outside of the pale of this Holy Church of God.

Knowing all this, that Christ established the Catholic Church to be the vehicle of our Salvation: "Why delay, impede, or further obstruct (or God forbid, eventially possibly jeopardise) our potential to future salvation by refusing to enter into Christ's Holy Church? 

Personally, I cannot comprehend any reason at the moment.  However, should you feel that you have a sufficient enough and validly enough reason: Please by all means do educate me. 

[ Nota Bene:   I ask this genuinely; not in a patronising manner. Hence, I ask with sincerity and charity; with no mal-intent. ]
(01-14-2011, 02:05 AM)EcceQuamBonum Wrote:
(01-13-2011, 11:08 PM)EcceQuamBonum Wrote: I'm a weird Anglican, though:  I even accept papal infallibility.   :P

Goooooood question.

You should swim the Tiber.  Are you just lacking motivation?  I can give you a "you will burn in hell" speech if it helps.  :laughing:
(01-14-2011, 04:40 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(01-14-2011, 02:05 AM)EcceQuamBonum Wrote:

Goooooood question.

You should swim the Tiber.  Are you just lacking motivation?  I can give you a "you will burn in hell" speech if it helps.   :laughing:

Even Vatican II, with all its problems, clearly affirmed that "basing itself upon Sacred Scripture and Tradition, it [the Council] teaches that the Church, now sojourning on earth as an exile, is necessary for salvation. Christ, present to us in His Body, which is the Church, is the one Mediator and the unique way of salvation. In explicit terms He Himself affirmed the necessity of faith and baptism and thereby affirmed also the necessity of the Church, for through baptism as through a door men enter the Church. Whosoever, therefore, knowing that the Catholic Church was made necessary by Christ, would refuse to enter or to remain in it, could not be saved." (Lumen Gentium, chap. II, 14)
I'm sorry for derailing the thread with my own personal remarks.  I will say this, though:  my conversion to the Catholic Church is inevitable.  Unfortunately, as philosafari could tell you, central VA is rather devoid of good options for the TLM.  I'm not certain how things stand on the Byzantine Catholic front, although I suspect there is a comparable dearth of options.  I will investigate further.  Thank you all for your concern (and especially Quis for volunteering a fire-and-brimstone sermon  :P).  I do ask for your prayers.  But all the same, please know that I am in no way averse to conversion.

Thanks again!  :)
We'll help you, Ecce Quam Bonum: "Here stand still......we'll help:  [Image: heretic.gif]  ................
(01-14-2011, 08:09 PM)EcceQuamBonum Wrote: I'm sorry for derailing the thread with my own personal remarks.  I will say this, though:  my conversion to the Catholic Church is inevitable.  Unfortunately, as philosafari could tell you, central VA is rather devoid of good options for the TLM.  I'm not certain how things stand on the Byzantine Catholic front, although I suspect there is a comparable dearth of options.  I will investigate further.  Thank you all for your concern (and especially Quis for volunteering a fire-and-brimstone sermon  :P).  I do ask for your prayers.  But all the same, please know that I am in no way averse to conversion.

Thanks again!   :)

Convert by "distance learning".  See if some trad priest within a day's drive will let you do independent study, test you, and then you can make a drive and be received in.  If there's no Mass around, understood, but that doesn't mean you can't - or shouldn't - convert if that's what you want to do.
(01-14-2011, 08:59 PM)Virgil the Roman Wrote: We'll help you, Ecce Quam Bonum: "Here stand still......we'll help:   [Image: heretic.gif]  ................

:laughing:

Aw, thanks!

Quis:  I didn't realize "distance" learning was an option.  I will definitely look into that.  Such a program would make things immensely easier for me!