Beatification of JPII
(01-12-2011, 09:48 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:
(01-12-2011, 09:43 PM)Petertherock Wrote: Nope, it would just mean the beatification and Canonization process has been seriously flawed since VII.

So the Holy Spirit doesn't influence the process of canonization in any way?  I admit my ignorance.  I need to read up on this.

I would say the Holy Spirit is involved in the very last step to the process, the actual canonization itself. The Holy Spirit prevents the pope from error when he declares, "Beatum N. Sanctum esse decernimus ac definimus." That doesn't necessarily mean that the best or most qualified "applicants" are always canonized, though.
(01-13-2011, 09:29 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(01-13-2011, 09:23 PM)SaintSebastian Wrote: In fact, I have seen it argued on forums that because the world loved him so much he could not possibly be a saint.

Considering who usually praises John Paul II and the reasons for it, the argument has merit.

This world is full of wickedness, prey to Satan its prince, and it's getting farther and farther away from God.

Yes, to narrow it down even further, it is not that he is loved, but why he is loved.  It's not for preaching hellfire and damnation.

I cringe when people say "because the world loved him" he's bad in some way because that's kind of guilt by association.
(01-13-2011, 09:38 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(01-13-2011, 09:29 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(01-13-2011, 09:23 PM)SaintSebastian Wrote: In fact, I have seen it argued on forums that because the world loved him so much he could not possibly be a saint.

Considering who usually praises John Paul II and the reasons for it, the argument has merit.

This world is full of wickedness, prey to Satan its prince, and it's getting farther and farther away from God.

Yes, to narrow it down even further, it is not that he is loved, but why he is loved.  It's not for preaching hellfire and damnation.

I cringe when people say "because the world loved him" he's bad in some way because that's kind of guilt by association.

"He that walketh with the wise, shall be wise: a friend of fools shall become like to them." (Proverbs 13:20)
What did Tyndale say about Thomas More?
It's on the BBC website, now.  The Vatican have approved the "miracle" of the nun who was cured of Parkinson's disease.
(01-13-2011, 10:07 PM)Satori Wrote: What did Tyndale say about Thomas More?

Tyndale was pretty nasty all around, but basically just calling him obfuscatory, puerile, two-faced, as well as the other things Catholics in general were accused of in those days by Tyndale and the like.
His image will be venerated by many false Christians around the world.  His "beatification" last month was the crime of the century.  He denied every dogma of the Catholic Church!!!!
(07-06-2011, 01:47 AM)JPToucan Wrote: His image will be venerated by many false Christians around the world.  His "beatification" last month was the crime of the century.  He denied every dogma of the Catholic Church!!!!

I will pray for Blessed John Paul II's intercession on your behalf. 
If Unblessed John Paul II wants to crawl out of Hell AGAIN like he did out of the bonfire to show the world he was in Hell, then we would all run
(07-06-2011, 01:58 AM)Someone1776 Wrote:
(07-06-2011, 01:47 AM)JPToucan Wrote: His image will be venerated by many false Christians around the world.  His "beatification" last month was the crime of the century.  He denied every dogma of the Catholic Church!!!!

I will pray for Blessed John Paul II's intercession on your behalf. 
Good one