Heard a Fr. Corapi sermon today
Happen to have on our local EWTN affiliate radio station while on a long drive to a sales call in Topeka.  Fr. Corapi  kept referring to 2 churches today, the true one and the watered down compromiser church.  He talked about the danger of compromising the faith in any way, lines like how no priest condemns sin anymore, not like when he was a little kid (50's?).  If it weren't' for his voice, he sounded like a Trad.  Hmm interesting to hear out of someone who gives me the impression of someone who believes in Vatican II so much.  Maybe circumstances in reality these days may be heading him towards more truth than he realizes?
Vatican II never preached against the condemnation of sin, it just didn't do a good job preaching in favor of condemning sin.

Many VatII supporters often don't bother thinking through what the actual implications of the council is. They just assume that now the council has happened they are allowed to believe what they want.
I saw him in October and he was "pretty good."  He's soft on certain issue. 

I recently saw on EWTN his series "Catholics Come Home" from a few years ago and He was absolutely on fire.  He sounded like the most fiery of trad priests.  His website says the final lecture was too controversial for TV. 

Has anyone seen it and is it worth getting?
He's an interesting case.  I was at one of his conferences once and as I remember it was very good.  It wasn't long after I converted though, so I may have missed something.

He comes across like a Padre Pio figure (it doesn't hurt that he looks like St. Pio).  What does he spend most of his time doing?  Does he have an assignment?

Fr. Corapi's popularity among conservatives is the sort of thing that suggests that conservatives secretly want to be more like trads, but they need authority figures in the Church to endorse traditionalism.
I would swear that he's listened to Bishop Williamson's interviews with Bernard Janzen.  Sometimes he uses almost the same language verbatim. 

The last time I heard a diocesan priest sound like an SSPX priest, I thought that was a good sign and wondered if he'd actually snuck down to the local chapel.  About a year later we heard that he went and joined the SSPX. 

i dont mean this as insult but he reminds me a bit of jim rome
(01-14-2011, 11:18 PM)icecream Wrote: i dont mean this as insult but he reminds me a bit of jim rome

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I know what you mean. I was at a weekend thing once and he said something, and after his talk I reminded him that Bishop Sheen once talked about the same thing but had a different take on it.  There were people around and it was like it was all about him, "Bishop Sheen, O yes blah blah I knew him well" it was like he looked right at me without seeing me, and the next day he used what I remined him of in a talk, "O yes, someone told me this after the talk and let me tell you about it"...I mean he might be a good priest, but just doesnt do anything for me.

Now at the same conference, from the same order, SOLT ministries, was another priest Fr Santan Pinto, quiet, unassuming, but wow, there was a priest and the experiences he relatred,the things he told, and when I went to confession to him and he read my soul....a true man of God, I mean I have nothing aganist Fr Corappi, but he just seems a little to much in awe of himself

different strokes for different folks....
Father Corapi is awesome !!!
I enjoy him quite a lot. His sermon content is probably not as 'necessary' to those that are well versed in Catholic orthodoxy, but to those Catholics that have been in bad NO parishes, with poor catechesis, or say Protestants thinking of joining the Church and so on, I think he's very solid and foundational.

One of my favorite lines from him is when he was talking about his Mother. He said her house was filled with Catholic articles everywhere, "Boooy, let me tell you, Satan really took a beating in my Mom's house...." It was particularly funny with his delivery.
(01-15-2011, 01:11 AM)In nomine Patris Wrote:
(01-14-2011, 11:18 PM)icecream Wrote: i dont mean this as insult but he reminds me a bit of jim rome

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I know what you mean. I was at a weekend thing once and he said something, and after his talk I reminded him that Bishop Sheen once talked about the same thing but had a different take on it.  There were people around and it was like it was all about him, "Bishop Sheen, O yes blah blah I knew him well" it was like he looked right at me without seeing me, and the next day he used what I remined him of in a talk, "O yes, someone told me this after the talk and let me tell you about it"...I mean he might be a good priest, but just doesnt do anything for me.

Now at the same conference, from the same order, SOLT ministries, was another priest Fr Santan Pinto, quiet, unassuming, but wow, there was a priest and the experiences he relatred,the things he told, and when I went to confession to him and he read my soul....a true man of God, I mean I have nothing aganist Fr Corappi, but he just seems a little to much in awe of himself

different strokes for different folks....

hehe that not good sign, but even religious have thing to work on

i read about fr. pinto he has blog: http://disciplesofjesusandmary.org/blog/?&MMN_position=35:35