Confession experience
(01-16-2011, 09:03 PM)m.PR Wrote:
(01-15-2011, 06:18 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: To me, if you're going to use up more than 5 minutes of time in the confessional, schedule an appointment. 
Ugh. I hate Confession by appointment, myself. So I completely disagree with this sentiment. When you have a serious sin to confess, or are in need of counseling for a delicate situation, the last thing you want to do is talk to some secretary to schedule an appointment with a priest.

I'm sure each priest has a different protocol, but the procedure I'm used to with scheduling a confession is calling the parish office and asking for a confession time.  The you and the secretary set up a time (she doesn't ask your name), with the directions that Father will be waiting in the north confessional 5 minutes before the schedule time.

It seems to work out well that way.
Our Priest today pointed out today about people showing right right before 3(Mass starts at 3) for Confession.  Of course Mass didn't start until 3:15 because of this.  Then people will think oh Mass starts late anyways then everything is pushed later.  I walk inside at 2:50 regularly every sunday and people are in line.  Can anyone really complain?  I have seen schedules for confession on diocese churches and they don't even have Confessions before mass :fish:.  They have it on saturday but that is another story.

Don't feel bad.  My first Confession will take quite some time I'm sure since it will have to cover 26years.  I don't feel that protestant ignorance is a valid excuse to not cover mortal sins, and venial for that matter.  Covering what we are covering in Catechism now just makes me realize that list is growing.