Jimmy Akin, Patrick Coffin
(01-17-2011, 08:42 PM)Beatissima Mariae Wrote: Hey, thanks Quis. I'm going to take a look at all this.

Good.  I'd rather you just be made aware to be cautious and investigate yourself than turn this into a list of "What's Wrong With Jimmy Akin" or something equally distasteful and offensive.  I don't doubt his good intentions and love of the Church.  I simply think he's wrong in a lot of places.

I think with most apologists, including this website and forum, we should do what Pres. Reagan said, "Trust, but verify."  Most people mean well, but we all make mistakes, overstate things, etc.
(01-17-2011, 06:18 PM)Beatissima Mariae Wrote:
(01-17-2011, 04:56 PM)Lavalliere Wrote: Jimmy Akin retains more than a little of his protestant mindset.  He is strictly a Vatican II Catholic.  I, too, have heard him give really bad moral advice (and religious advice too).   

Ok, indulge me. Just sock it to me, knock me out with evidence of all this 'bad moral advice', 'bad religious advice' I hear about... his copious amounts of protestant carryovers...

Just any kind of specifics will be great. I need to make sure I'm not following some kind of kook! After all, the guys name is Jimmy! How kooky is that! Big dumb VII hick!

Beatissima, I listened to Catholic Answers Live for years.  Unfortunately, I did not keep notes on particular shows in which I heard questionable answers and/or advice given.    The reason why I stopped listening was that I could no longer take it.  It became too unsettling for me to continue listening.  I only tune in once a month now to catch that wonderful former new age woman that they have on. 

I, too, have to state that I don't doubt his good intentions and love of the Church.  And I have no doubt that both he and Mr. Coffin have helped many souls to return to the Church. 

Henceforth, I will concentrate on my own pride and arrogance.

To each his/her own.