Exorcism and the Church Militant [Rev. Thomas J. Euteneuer]
Hi,

I am searching for this book, it seems to be a good one. I read somewhere that this book is out of print, and that copies are being pulled off the book stores.

I also read that the author, has been removed from his position as president of HLI, and that little is known about Him after that.

This has made me wonder what could be written on that book?

The way it goes, as far as I read, is like this book has been condemned to disappear. That isn't fair.

I'd like to have at least an electronic copy, if anyone has it, please share.

Do not let it go into oblivion.

Cheers,

DT.
Hi DT,

I own the book in question. As I do not forsee the need to retain it in my library, I am willing to give it to you if you want it. Of course it is used from my reading it, and I will be loaning it to a member of my Padre Pio group next month, so it will be even more used. Also, due to the loan I may not be able to send it until late March.

If all of the above is OK with you, please PM me and we can set something up.

God bless you.

Pat
The article in the other thread mentioned that this book has sold in one bookstore for $500...don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but I wouldn't recommend anyone just giving the book away unless you are aware of the value of the book and are still ok with giving it away....
http://www.amazon.com/Exorcism-Church-Mi...1559220600

Why are the prices so high?

It is being restricted suspiciously. Someone should scan it.
(01-22-2011, 05:52 PM)Rosarium Wrote: http://www.amazon.com/Exorcism-Church-Mi...1559220600

I am about done with unPlanned, if anyone would like to read it, I'm going to let it go for $200. Just PM me.

:P
(01-22-2011, 05:52 PM)Rosarium Wrote: http://www.amazon.com/Exorcism-Church-Mi...1559220600

The prices are high because people feel like you do - something is suspicious about the contents of the book.

Really, I doubt it.  Those extracts would have been all over the net by now.  I'm thinking he's been sequestered for some other reason than the book.  What, I have no idea, and really, it's not my business to complain unless it comes out he was treated unjustly.
(01-22-2011, 06:43 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:

The prices are high because people feel like you do - something is suspicious about the contents of the book.

Really, I doubt it.  Those extracts would have been all over the net by now.  I'm thinking he's been sequestered for some other reason than the book.  What, I have no idea, and really, it's not my business to complain unless it comes out he was treated unjustly.
Actually, I am not that interested in the book, but in the idea of freedom. While when it is in place, copyright restrictions should be followed, if the information itself is in jeopardy, the legal greed shouldn't be a factor.
(01-22-2011, 07:03 PM)Rosarium Wrote: Actually, I am not that interested in the book, but in the idea of freedom. While when it is in place, copyright restrictions should be followed, if the information itself is in jeopardy, the legal greed shouldn't be a factor.

I agree with you except in two cases: there is a valid reason for suppressing a book (i.e., at the request of the Church, or for National Security), or the author doesn't want it published anymore and the copyright is still valid.

Otherwise, yes, the information should certainly not be lost.  At the very least someone could scan and archive it, and then distribute it after the copyright goes out.
Father Euteneuer is no longer at HLI. He was called back to his Diocese. His book is no longer carried by HLI, and all of the copies from the first printing have been sold with no plans for another printing. He hasn't said anything since leaving.

This is very mysterious.
tim
(01-22-2011, 07:11 PM)timoose Wrote: Father Euteneuer is no longer at HLI. He was called back to his Diocese. His book is no longer carried by HLI, and all of the copies from the first printing have been sold with no plans for another printing. He hasn't said anything since leaving.

This is very mysterious.
tim

It is some what mysterious. A friend in Front Royal told me that what has happened is that the board of trustees of HLI did not think that Fr. Euteneuer should be promoting his books on exorcism since HLI's primary focus is the battle against abortion. And so apparently he was pushed out.
But they are both good books I think. If you can find a copy grab it. I hope we will hear more from him soon. 

C.