Raw milk
Bleh!!! I can't stand milk anyway, so this just furthers my reason for staying away from it. The only thing I can imagine doing with raw milk is making cheese or yogurt, but not actually drinking the stuff!!![Image: smile.gif]
While ernestus' post paints quite a gruesome picture of raw milk, let's look at this with some perspective. Up until about the 1940's (?) or so, nearly everyone drank raw milk! People who consumed raw milk weren't dropping like flies - and think of the amounts of people that were drinking it. Buying raw milk is like buying any other perishable product - you make sure you buy it from a reputable source. Sure you can get sick from it. You can get sick from beef too, or vegetables or fruit - you can get sick from anything that wasn't handled properly. Ecoli is a nasty little bacteria, but we haven't all stopped eating beef, have we? Mad Cow disease, anyone? A friend of mine almost died from eating contaminated watermelon, for pity's sakes. It's not what you buy, it's where you buy it. If we are going to exclude various foods based on the possiblity of contamination, we might as well just stick to eating bread and drinking water (and even water is suspect - just ask your local water workers what kinds of things and bacteria they have to strain from your tap water. [Image: puke.gif]). Furthermore, anyone who cares to read a little bit about what kinds of disgusting things ends up in your "perfectly safe pasteurized milk" will get quite a rude shock. I won't get into it here for the sake of those with weak stomachs, ;) but you can find it out by doing a little research.

And let's not overlook the health benefits in consuming raw milk compared to pasteurized milk. A great article from Mercola.com:

The Real Reasons Why Raw Milk is Becoming More Popular
[-]
  •
Reese Wrote:Thank you Ernestus for posting that information. I was thinking about trying raw milk, but not now. [Image: huhuh.gif] I'm not much of a milk drinker anyway, too many carbs in it. But I sure do love cheese. [Image: gimmefood.gif] My brother worked a good sized dairy farm many years ago, I was a teen at the time. I will never in my life forget that smell [Image: puke.gif], the only thing I've ever smelled worse is driving by a pig farm on a hot summer day. I remember my brother had to get up long before dawn, something like 4 a.m., to milk the cows, done by machine of course. I watched him do it a few times, as it's done more than once a day. They dip the udders in some kind of antibacterial solution, hook the machines up to each cow and it's all sucked into the same tank. Of course the cows are all eliminating waste while they're being milked, straight into trenches just behind them...that is where the horrible smell comes from. I tell ya, it's enough to turn one off of milk permanently.

Horrible smell?? HAHAHAHAHA![Image: biggrin.gif] You don't live in the country, that's for sure.
There is no better smell than in the spring when the farmers are spreading the manour in the fields. It is the very sign of spring![Image: poppy.gif]
Varus Wrote:
Reese Wrote:Thank you Ernestus for posting that information. I was thinking about trying raw milk, but not now. [Image: huhuh.gif] I'm not much of a milk drinker anyway, too many carbs in it. But I sure do love cheese. [Image: gimmefood.gif] My brother worked a good sized dairy farm many years ago, I was a teen at the time. I will never in my life forget that smell [Image: puke.gif], the only thing I've ever smelled worse is driving by a pig farm on a hot summer day. I remember my brother had to get up long before dawn, something like 4 a.m., to milk the cows, done by machine of course. I watched him do it a few times, as it's done more than once a day. They dip the udders in some kind of antibacterial solution, hook the machines up to each cow and it's all sucked into the same tank. Of course the cows are all eliminating waste while they're being milked, straight into trenches just behind them...that is where the horrible smell comes from. I tell ya, it's enough to turn one off of milk permanently.

Horrible smell?? HAHAHAHAHA![Image: biggrin.gif] You don't live in the country, that's for sure.

There is no better smell than in the spring when the farmers are spreading the manour in the fields. It is the very sign of spring![Image: poppy.gif]

LOL  Oh sure, manure spreading time I can handle...but this, this was an entity!  You're not out in the open in the fresh air, but in a barn, and there's the umm fluids mixed with it.  Of course it's cleaned regularly, but the smell just stays. 

I have to say it's funny how we can't see the lies of the Zionist Jews. Did you know the mandatory pasteurization of milk in Michigan and mandatory fluoridation in Grand Rapids, MI both happened around the same time that the state of Israel was formed?

Jonathan
ernestus Wrote:Humans, as a species, are the only species which drink the milk of other animals.

Humans, as a species, are the only beings created in the image of God.  Humans are the only species given dominion over all other species and over the earth itself.

These types of things that equate humans with animals are very atheistic slants in my opinion.  To assume that man is just another species of animal, therefore man should have a diet and a life similar to the animals is preposterous!
Veganism, which I believe some here subscribe to, is utter rubbish. It is based on junk-science manufactured by the radical environmental/animal-rights activists to further their agenda.

Quote:from: http://www.veganism.com/

"Veganism may be defined as a way of living which seeks to exclude, as far as possible and practical, all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, the animal kingdom for food, clothing, or any other purpose. In dietary terms it refers to the practice of dispensing with all animal produce - including flesh, fish, fowl, eggs, (non-human) animal milks, and their derivatives, with the taking of honey being left to individual conscience."
( THE VEGAN; Winter 1985 )

why VEGAN? Veganism, the natural extension of vegetarianism, is an integral component of a cruelty-free lifestyle. Living vegan provides numerous benefits to animals' lives, to the environment, and to our own health–through a healthy diet and lifestyle.

Humans are omnivores .

Quote:from: Vegetarianism in a Nutshell

Adapted from a talk by John McArdle, Ph.D.

There are a number of popular myths about vegetarianism that have no scientific basis in fact. One of these myths is that man is naturally a vegetarian because our bodies resemble plant eaters, not carnivores. In fact we are omnivores, capable of either eating meat or plant foods. The following addresses the unscientific theory of man being only a plant eater.

Humans are classic examples of omnivores in all relevant anatomical traits. There is no basis in anatomy or physiology for the assumption that humans are pre-adapted to the vegetarian diet. For that reason, the best arguments in support of a meat-free diet remain ecological, ethical, and health concerns.

[Dr. McArdle is a vegetarian and currently Scientific Advisor to The American Anti-Vivisection Society. He is an anatomist and a primatologist.]
Real milk is great . . . Varus and I were able to buy some on our travels through California last summer.

Unfortunately, it is not available where I live.
I have never felt right after eating skim milk + cereal. But lately I have been using half-and-half on cereal, and I don't get any indigestion. Perhaps h&h is closer to the real thing: more fatty.
Skim milk used to be a worthless byproduct of the milk industry.  It is left over from the process of making things like cheese, sour cream, and butter.  Because cheese and sour cream inevitably have a longer shelf life, most milk used to be made into these products and skim milk was often thrown away as worthless stuff with little nutritional value. 

Since the dairy industry has such strong ties to government funding/pay backs etc. it is highly suspicious that skim milk is now goverment recommended as the only dairy product worth consuming.  The huge increase in skim milk demand since the new USA government recommended food pyramid diet that came out last year has had a huge impact on the dairy industry.

Pasteurization is another part of this, as pasteurization allows farmers to have more crowded living conditions, have less maintenance and upkeep cleaning their equipment, and increases milk shelf-life by almost 100x.  While unpasteurized milk must be a clean product to begin with, and strict careful measures of cleanliness must be observed to avoid food-poisoning, pasteurized milk can easily come from sick cows and dirty conditions without necessarily making you sick.  But how do you feel about drinking milk that may have been completely diseased, but has since been boiled to sterility?  It's no wonder milk is bad for your health.  Simply killing bacteria doesn't get rid of any toxins etc. that said bacteria may have produced.  And what does it say about the nutritional quality of milk if it comes from a sick cow?