Change to search function.
The forum sometimes gets a bit slow for no apparent reason, and I think it may have to do with the search function - searching over almost a million messages can take time and cycles.  So, I've limited the search results to 100 for now - this will make any search operation end more quickly; though this may become higher or lower in the future.

Most people will not notice any difference, but I wanted to point out that a change has been made, and if you do a search, not all the possible results will be presented anymore.
If you ask me, trashing the search function and making people rely on Google would be better.

It's a bad search function.  Search for, as an example, "theology of the body" (without the quotes), and most of your results will contain "of" and "the" with no relevant results.
(01-23-2011, 12:18 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: If you ask me, trashing the search function and making people rely on Google would be better.

It's a bad search function.  Search for, as an example, "theology of the body" (without the quotes), and most of your results will contain "of" and "the" with no relevant results.

The search function is fine, you're a bad user.  :P

If you want to search for a phrase, it needs to be in quotes. It even gives that example.  True most people are used to Google who does the thinking for them, but implementing a natural language parser, which is necessary to do those types of things, for the forum search is overkill.

So, use quotes to search for a phrase.  It works fine then.
(01-23-2011, 12:45 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(01-23-2011, 12:18 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: If you ask me, trashing the search function and making people rely on Google would be better.

The search function is fine, you're a bad user.   :P

If you want to search for a phrase, it needs to be in quotes. It even gives that example.  True most people are used to Google who does the thinking for them, but implementing a natural language parser, which is necessary to do those types of things, for the forum search is overkill.

So, use quotes to search for a phrase.  It works fine then.

Lies. 
:P