Medjugorje: The Pope Desires a Final Decision
(01-26-2011, 05:52 PM)FlosCampi Wrote:
(01-26-2011, 12:32 AM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: It's very kind of you to speak for me.  It saves me the trouble of making up your mind.

WhollyRoamin,   Pardon me for saying this, but  I do wish that stupid bear on your avatar would drop dead!
I can't read your posts because it irritates the hell out of me.

Pax

:-[

Just put a white sticker over his avatar on your computer screen - problem solved!
(01-26-2011, 05:59 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote:
(01-26-2011, 12:32 AM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: It's very kind of you to speak for me.  It saves me the trouble of making up your mind.

WhollyRoamin,   Pardon me for saying this, but  I do wish that stupid bear on your avatar would drop dead!

Pax

Just put a white sticker over his avatar on your computer screen - problem solved!

How can I do that?
(01-26-2011, 06:09 PM)FlosCampi Wrote:
(01-26-2011, 05:59 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote:

Pax

How can I do that?

:pointlaff:
:)
(01-25-2011, 08:58 AM)Augstine Baker Wrote: There are a thousand contradictions that  in Medjugorje there hasn't been an appearance of the Mother of God.  For that reason there should be a "much longer" investigation process to postpone it.

(kreuz.net, Vatikan)The Vatican investigation of the false apparition site of Medjugorje in Bosnia Herzegowina has just begun.

This is according to Marian Priest Salvatore Perella of the news service of the US-Bishops Conference, 'Catholic News Service'.

http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2011...ision.html

Makes no sense -- Bishop pronounced on this long ago.

(01-27-2011, 12:12 AM)Donna Wrote:
(01-25-2011, 08:58 AM)Augstine Baker Wrote: There are a thousand contradictions that  in Medjugorje there hasn't been an appearance of the Mother of God.  For that reason there should be a "much longer" investigation process to postpone it.

(kreuz.net, Vatikan)The Vatican investigation of the false apparition site of Medjugorje in Bosnia Herzegowina has just begun.

This is according to Marian Priest Salvatore Perella of the news service of the US-Bishops Conference, 'Catholic News Service'.

http://eponymousflower.blogspot.com/2011...ision.html

Makes no sense -- Bishop pronounced on this long ago.

But Rome hasnt.....
Rome doesn't need to -- bishop is king in his own diocese.

Something else going on (maybe).

(01-25-2011, 01:48 PM)dark lancer Wrote: If Mary was kicked out of the NO, then why are there still several Holy Days of Obligation for her each year?  Why does my NO parish have an active Rosary society?  Why does my NO parish have a weekly Novena for the Miraculous Medal?  Why is there a huge statue of Mary in a garden behind my NO parish church?

Good question, which Stubborn won't answer.

Like yours, my OF parish has a huge statue of Mary in a beautiful garden; ours is on one side of the church rather than in the back as at your church.

A recent addition is a large, hand-carved, hand-painted statue of Mary that is in a niche high in the beautiful old marble high altar.  An anonymous group of parishioners donated it.

When the church was renovated in 1994, the old clerestory windows, which were just tinted glass, all the then-tiny parish could afford in the Thirties when the church was built, were replaced by beautiful stained glass windows.  

These are huge windows and several of the windows depict Mary.  Jesus, Apostles, and saints are depicted in others.  The church did have wonderful stained glass windows down at the lower level when it was built and of course those are still there.  They are much smaller than the new ones, though.

During the renovation, we also added a Lady Chapel.  

A large image of Our Lady of Guadalupe is hung on the wall behind the votive candle stands.  One of the stained glass windows depicts Our Lady of Guadalupe, too.  She is important to our parish because we have a large Hispanic community.

Our Hispanic community within the parish (two Spanish Masses every Sunday) has a special celebration of Our Lady of Guadalupe's feast day every year.  They have a procession, carrying a large banner of her, from the church to a large auditorium downtown, where Mass is said in Spanish, followed by a fiesta and folk dancing.  Of course Anglos in the parish are invited as well.

Our parish also has:

•   three public recitations of the Rosary every week

•   several groups within the parish that sometimes recite the Rosary together at their meetings; the Filipino group recites it every month at their meetings

•  a Legion of Mary

•  a Marian Bible Study group

And of course we celebrate all the Holy Days related to Mary, as the Church requires.

(01-27-2011, 12:58 AM)Donna Wrote: Rome doesn't need to -- bishop is king in his own diocese.

Obviously if a Mariologist says the question will be dealt with at some point, then something is going on.
(01-27-2011, 05:20 AM)Augstine Baker Wrote:
(01-27-2011, 12:58 AM)Donna Wrote: Rome doesn't need to -- bishop is king in his own diocese.

Obviously if a Mariologist says the question will be dealt with at some point, then something is going on.

?