What's your favorite beer?
(01-28-2011, 02:13 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(01-28-2011, 12:17 AM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: I bought this on a lark and was surprised how much I love it.

Light beer, WRC?? Man up, eh?
Heh.  The light was for Mrs. WRC, though I drink light beer in the summer.

(01-28-2011, 09:53 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:
(01-28-2011, 12:17 AM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: I bought this on a lark and was surprised how much I love it.

Is this actually good?  It's ALWAYS on sale at my local liquor store.  What is it on-par with?

I don't know of any beer that is as malty as this brew, but if you could imagine a maltier version of Schlitz, this is it.
Lots of yumminess on this thread.  Here's a local monastic beer that I quite enjoy (their motto is "made with care and prayer"):

[Image: 2886521140_dab82f20dc.jpg]

It's from Christ in the Desert monastery in northern NM.  Here's a link to their webpage about the brewery:  http://christdesert.org/Abbey_Beverage_C...index.html

I like the last point that they make about their beer:
Quote:Our focus in all our work is "to bring everything to perfection for the glory of God" as the Rule of Saint Benedict instructs us.

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam!
(01-28-2011, 04:05 PM)Jesse Wrote: Lots of yumminess on this thread.  Here's a local monastic beer that I quite enjoy (their motto is "made with care and prayer"):

It's from Christ in the Desert monastery in northern NM.  Here's a link to their webpage about the brewery:  http://christdesert.org/Abbey_Beverage_C...index.html

I like the last point that they make about their beer:
Quote:Our focus in all our work is "to bring everything to perfection for the glory of God" as the Rule of Saint Benedict instructs us.

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam!

Wish I could get this where I live!  But it's not hard to settle for Franziskaner, or the occasional Guinness Stout.
Burton Baton from the Dogfish Head brewery.  Kinda expensive though.  Somebody mentioned that there was a tv show about that brewery (i don't know because i don't watch tv), and shortly after that they have been basically sold out every time I go to my booze store.  Also, Burton is a seasonal brew I think, so I have to stock up while I can.  I also really like their Ole Skool Barleywine.  Tasty, plus it's 15% abv does right by me e'ery time.

I really like the Two Hearted Ale from Bell's Brewery someplace in Michigan.
Diet A&W Root Beer.
(02-01-2011, 11:51 PM)dark lancer Wrote: Diet A&W Root Beer.

I totally had some diet A&W at an A&W after last time I met my trad priest at his counseling centre. Although I wasn't there for counseling, but baptismal planning.

Also...

[Image: 4178440754_f302105eb8_o.jpg]
(02-01-2011, 11:51 PM)dark lancer Wrote: Diet A&W Root Beer.

Barq's is way better.
;D
Diet Barq's is good too.
[Image: bud-light-logo-bottle.jpg]

I used to drink regular Budweiser, but now I can't stand the taste of it after having switched over to Bud Light several years ago.  The worst beer I've ever had was a Heineken.
I thoroughly enjoy Red Horse Beer here in the Philippines. 

But as for getting something in America...Chimay is cool.  Just don't mix up the layers, so God help you!