Right VS Happy
(01-28-2011, 12:32 PM)dymphna17 Wrote: I'm sorry, I don't mean to rant.  I really want to understand this and handle these things in a Catholic way.

Don't be sorry.  That's what these boards are for. :)
(01-28-2011, 09:48 PM)James02 Wrote:
Quote: Anyway, I'm being told that I should let go of being "right" about the situation and just be happy that my sister is doing what she wants with her life.  She getting more education and is getting to see the world.  She's being her own woman.  Frankly it makes me sick.  To me, right is right and wrong is wrong.  She's wrong and I can't seem to make myself happy with her.  But this is just a personal situation.

Well, in this case, it is an abomination.  A mother leaves her kids to go into the military?  Makes you ask the question, "What are we fighting for?".  That is horrible.  Women should have very limited roles, if any, in the military, and our military should be built so it doesn't depend on them.  And it is an abomination to have a mother abandon her kid so a bunch of lesbian feminists can be mollified.

I guess in you situation, it is best not to say anything.  You won't do any good.  But, if asked, you have to tell the truth.  It is an abomination.  And maybe you can have the kids over some time and keep an eye on them.  Poor kids.

Just pray, have a big Catholic family, and hopefully in a few generations we can have a Catholic country.

Thank you for your validation.  My confessor said the same thing last night.  I wish I could have that big Catholic family, but alas God has decreed otherwise.  Married almost 30 years and no children.  But I can pray like crazy and try to set a good example.
(01-28-2011, 10:29 PM)Pilgrim Wrote:
(01-28-2011, 12:32 PM)dymphna17 Wrote: I'm sorry, I don't mean to rant.  I really want to understand this and handle these things in a Catholic way.

Don't be sorry.  That's what these boards are for. :)

Thank you for your kindness.  :)