LIbertarians speak some sense: Cut off Israel
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110128/ap_o...tor_israel

Well, as I said in another post, Rand doesn't have a prayer to become president.  It will have to be Christie.
Quote: WASHINGTON – Tea party-backed Republican Sen. Rand Paul favors cutting U.S. aid to Israel as part of a deficit-driven effort to slash government spending by $500 billion this year, drawing criticism from Democrats and Republicans who argue the U.S. must be unwavering in its support for the longtime Mideast ally.

The freshman Kentucky lawmaker unveiled his budget proposal this week that would make significant cuts in education, housing and energy while reducing money for wars in Afghanistan and Iraq by $16 billion. Paul's plan also would cut some $20 billion in overseas aid, and he said he wants to eliminate the $3 billion the United States provides to Israel annually in foreign military assistance.
I don't think the Pauls understand foreign policy as well as they understand economics...thus, you're right, Rand probably never will be prez.
Well thats it for him, he'll never be allowed to be prez now by the US's zionist masters. Instead we'll get a Palin nominee who kept flags of Israel in her office as Governor.
(01-29-2011, 01:31 AM)Baskerville Wrote: Well thats it for him, he'll never be allowed to be prez now by the US's zionist masters. Instead we'll get a Palin nominee who kept flags of Israel in her office as Governor.

I don't understand why she had an Israeli flag in her office.
(01-29-2011, 03:26 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:
(01-29-2011, 01:31 AM)Baskerville Wrote: Well thats it for him, he'll never be allowed to be prez now by the US's zionist masters. Instead we'll get a Palin nominee who kept flags of Israel in her office as Governor.

I don't understand why she had an Israeli flag in her office.

It's quite simple, she's a Hageenoid!
Quote: I don't understand why she had an Israeli flag in her office.

Ole Bask spelled it out in typical Bask fashion on another thread, which means I can't repeat it.  And Jacafamala didn't approve of it, even resorting to using the term "tomfoolery".
(01-29-2011, 03:55 AM)James02 Wrote:
Quote: I don't understand why she had an Israeli flag in her office.

Ole Bask spelled it out in typical Bask fashion on another thread, which means I can't repeat it.  And Jacafamala didn't approve of it, even resorting to using the term "tomfoolery".

Ah, I remember that.  lol.  Thought it was hilarious.

Part of the reason Palin is an idiot.
Of course, we need to keep funding Israel, otherwise the terr'ists will win.
To be fair, he is also in favor of cutting foreign aid to Israel's neighbors, some of which aren't exactly friendly. If Israel cannot provide for her own security, much less achieve the sort of self-sufficiency necessary to ensure long-term continuity and survival, I really have to question the prudence of having our "strategic interests" (as the policymakers say) so deeply intertwined with hers. If Israel's hold really is so tenuous and dependent on U.S. patronage as it is made out to be, it's worth asking whether the project of a permanent, secular Jewish state in the heart of the Middle East is any more feasible in historic terms than the Crusader States were, or later European colonization.