LIbertarians speak some sense: Cut off Israel
(01-29-2011, 06:24 AM)Cyriacus Wrote: To be fair, he is also in favor of cutting foreign aid to Israel's neighbors, some of which aren't exactly friendly. If Israel cannot provide for her own security, much less achieve the sort of self-sufficiency necessary to ensure long-term continuity and survival, I really have to question the prudence of having our "strategic interests" (as the policymakers say) so deeply intertwined with hers. If Israel's hold really is so tenuous and dependent on U.S. patronage as it is made out to be, it's worth asking whether the project of a permanent, secular Jewish state in the heart of the Middle East is any more feasible in historic terms than the Crusader States were, or later European colonization.

I don't see how the Israeli interests align with American interests. 
Isreal won three wars against the mohamadNs without American aid. If America cutvher off isreal will just find what it needs from another source which it did when France her main arms supplier cut her odd in 68. Again to bw fair though one should ask does having teaties with mohamadan nations such as turkey which have a brutal record of treating Christians align with America intersts oe supporting Saudi arabia (of course both r dear friends to your nation) the Jews and some here love to view the world o ly through isreali eyes but that's just a clever Zionist ploy.
Think about it
follow it though cut isreal off as I fess firends should treat friends. (maybe some here do just that in life) then what? We as Catholics should always keep Catholics in mind first. I thebmhamadan do get the Hoky land as so w here wish wht will become od the Holy places?
It's at the very least worth a thought
and I don't think if America does stab a friend I. The back that isreal will just roll over and die. Really I bekive the zioniss will fight to the death and that mwanz serious fighting as In nukes to save herself
what nation wouldn't?
How much military aid does the states give to Egypt a year?
And to Kuwait?
And to Saudi Arabia?
The states gives mostto sirwla but it also gives billions that is billions to regimes that r far worse then isreal. Hate the Karelia all u want but co pare life as Catholics in isreal to Saudi Arabia?
Do it
seems to me thos with a hard on for izzy (whch is exactly what the zionists want ) ignore the rest of rhe region. BwIdez jameso2 who has solid ideas in regards to mecca
sip
(01-29-2011, 07:11 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:
(01-29-2011, 06:24 AM)Cyriacus Wrote: To be fair, he is also in favor of cutting foreign aid to Israel's neighbors, some of which aren't exactly friendly. If Israel cannot provide for her own security, much less achieve the sort of self-sufficiency necessary to ensure long-term continuity and survival, I really have to question the prudence of having our "strategic interests" (as the policymakers say) so deeply intertwined with hers. If Israel's hold really is so tenuous and dependent on U.S. patronage as it is made out to be, it's worth asking whether the project of a permanent, secular Jewish state in the heart of the Middle East is any more feasible in historic terms than the Crusader States were, or later European colonization.

Then you are blind
(01-29-2011, 07:11 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:

Israel is fighting terr'ists.  We are fightin' the terr'ists.  And Israel has something to do with the end times and Russia I think.  So we should support them.
(01-29-2011, 01:31 AM)Baskerville Wrote: Well thats it for him, he'll never be allowed to be prez now by the US's zionist masters. Instead we'll get a Palin nominee who kept flags of Israel in her office as Governor.

Zionist masters....LOL

Bask...you are going to turn into a St. rafaella or like loser\....you will probably want to stop before it's to late...just sayn

she has a large Alaskan and US flag...per the following photo...and a toothpick Israeli flag....

you tellin me the traitor rat has a big us flag...or his 2 bit side kick?

or how about the Sign of the double cross flag another user here is bound to have in his office I'm bettin!...lol

[Image: palin_flag-thumb.jpg]

Quote: We as Catholics should always keep Catholics in mind first.

Correct.  And Tariq Azziz was doing a fine job protecting a thriving Catholic community in Iraq, until we stepped in.  Now he is sentence to death, and Catholics are getting bombed and shot, and have to live in fear.
Quote:  If Israel cannot provide for her own security, much less achieve the sort of self-sufficiency necessary to ensure long-term continuity and survival,

Israel can easily provide for her own security, but by getting Americans to fund it, it frees up Jew money in the USA to fund Planned Parenthood, ACLU, SPLC, Democrat party, various sodomite groups, NAACP, ACORN, La Raza, and a host of other anti-Catholic groups.  Cut off aid to Israel is like draining a fever swamp in the USA.  The anti-Catholic groups will be defunded by about $3 Billion.

Won't happen though.
Quote: To be fair, he is also in favor of cutting foreign aid to Israel's neighbors,

I completely support that also.  If Arab oil money is used to fund food programs for starving head hunters, that is less money to fund terrorists.

Edit:  And why is it necessary to point out he is also for cutting aid to other countries as well?  Why did the press zero in on the $3Billion cut to Israel in the headlines, when Rand wants a total $20Billion cut to ALL countries?  And why are the politicians scrambling and crawling to try to be the first to say "no cuts to Israel"?  That is only 15% of the cut.  What about the other 85%?

This country is too infested with Zionist influences.  It is in our media and our government.  So these traitors would rather saddle my children with $3Billion a year, every year, in debt to fund an insignificant country?  They would rather cut programs for Americans (the Repubs, at least), but don't dare cut Israel?

Rand is at least consistent (and correct), cut until we are balanced and sustainable.  And cut the fat first, like Israel.  Mr. Rand Paul, allow me to introduce you to Mr. Pat Buchanan.  He'll explain it all to you.
(01-29-2011, 03:55 AM)James02 Wrote:
Quote: I don't understand why she had an Israeli flag in her office.

Ole Bask spelled it out in typical Bask fashion on another thread, which means I can't repeat it. 

Lol.  That's why we like Bask.