shaking hands
MikeSolimanto Wrote:If a woman grips my hand firmly I do it back proprotionately to my strength, which I'm sure is hurting their hand to some degree. I hate femi-nazis and will do what I can to put them in their place.

If they don't want to act like a woman, I'll treat'em like a man.

I'm rather schocked at your comments. Just some comments here that I hope all men might benefit from:

Unfortunately, many women must work today - single and married. In taking interviewing classes, one of the things the intstructor stressed was that a firm handshake was important so that the interviewer felt that you were a confident person - therefore confident in your abilities to do the job right.
Giving a firm handshake does not make you an automatic femi-nazi, it is the norm in today's world. If a man is offended by a firm handshake from a woman, attempting to hurt her hand is not the chivalrous way to make his feelings known, and it is hardly a testament to his character as a man.

Women have long been taught that being able to give a firm handshake, far from being a detriment to their character, is an asset, and a testament to how confident they are. I can tell you that I have been in a few situations where had I offered my wrist or fingers, I would have been hauled off.

Another very important thing to keep in mind: Any man in the workplace nowadays who even attempted to kiss a woman's hand would probably be fired for sexual harassment, and any man who attempted to do so in social situations could get himself arrested. If any man that I didn't know did that to me, I would be very nervous and uncomfortable - not because it is an obscene thing to do, but because there are too many crazies out there, and I do not want their mouth anywhere near me or my hand.
Good, I'm glad it shocked you. You're a woman and shouldn't be on this forum. I don't invade the women's, nor should you unless you are a man. If you are a man please tell me and I'll apologize.

As far as squeezing a femi-nazis hand, I'm proud of it. If they want to show me their strength I'll show them mine. Time to put some women in their place in a feminist society.  I'm getting sick of this whole "woe is me I want to be a man but when treated like one I cry" attitude.

Oh my! I have been severely put in my place.[Image: laff.gif]

Quote:Time to put some women in their place in a feminist society. 

Yes, and thank you again for showing me the error of my ways! It is always a comfort for us women to know that there are kind gentlemen out there to chivalrously guide us onto the correct path, and lead us out of the error-filled roads that we have inadvertently been tripping down for far too many years.

Please accept my most humble apology for not knowing of the forum rule that prohibits the members of the fairer sex to read or post in this section. Rest assured, I will not be so clumsy again.
Quote:
Any man in the workplace nowadays who even attempted to kiss a woman's hand would probably be fired for sexual harassment, and any man who attempted to do so in social situations could get himself arrested. If any man that I didn't know did that to me, I would be very nervous and uncomfortable - not because it is an obscene thing to do, but because there are too many crazies out there, and I do not want their mouth anywhere near me or my hand.

Dear Gwenhivar,

This seems a bit exaggerated.

It seems you are a bit afraid of decent bodily contact?

I thought only scrupulous traditional Roman Catholics were that (while most of them are very "huggy"-like).

I don't agree with you that every woman nowadays is obliged to work. That has to do with wealth standards. Of course there are exceptions of single moms etc. That is something the Church should also detect. And e.g. traditional communities might help to support those families. But in that respect America is still way to liberalist capitalist. (No and I am NOT a commie, just a European Continenter who would like to see some more social solidarity in your country where government does not provide.)

It is just because it is unknown in the US except for 19th century Bostonians to kiss hands, that you would become nervous.

It is rude to say you "wouldn't have this or that man NEAR MY HAND".

I can imagine this of men with whom you had arguments, but it is rude and very uncivil to say this normally.
If this is a male-only forum, should women even be considered responding to?
But yeah, i agree, agressive women who want to act like men should not expect the "chivalrous treatment" from men.  Pete
Yeah, Jennifer should not have been posting here.
But I suppose she is right in that there are some circumstances where it is necessary for a woman to "butch shake" nowadays.
I don't think we could apply the norm too stringently at this particular point in time. But in general there needs to be a move back to solid, classical, Catholic cultural norms.
Of course our unisex culture is going to teach women to "be confident" and blablabla. But the people who teach women these things think gays and lesbians should be allowed to marry, and women need to work just as much as men, and all that garbage that comes with this unisex frame of mind.
If I may play the devils advocate here. It not prudent for a lady to post here. On the other hand, when I was a lurker in the old forum, I noticed several times that men had posted in the ladies forum, and no comment was made.

I do not agree with all the comments that the lady made here, but I have to say that some of her points have merit.

Shake hands with a female cop and see what kind of grip you get.  This isn't a bad thing.  Of course if you're dealing with some dainty thing that doesn't have a lot of self-confidence you will get something different which isn't bad either.  My big gripe is getting a cold, slimy handshake from some dude.  What a disaster! 
I'm inclined to agree with TomMichael, that we ought not to really criticize (save in a joking manner) when the ladies post here. It shouldn't be made a habit of, but Jennifer's comments were germane to the argument. I can see both sides, and don't know which I agree with... I guess it's cause I've never really encountered any femi-nazis.
If men post on the women's board they shouldn't, and if women post in here they shouldn't. I can't remember when 2 wrongs make a right.

It's like a tree-house: the men have theirs and the girls have whatever they do.

Otherwise the forum should read "Knights: Men and & Women"