400 Irish priests claim new Mass translation is ‘elitist and sexist’
(02-10-2011, 09:34 AM)Bakuryokuso Wrote:
(02-09-2011, 11:16 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: And further, if a woman is offended by the mass- offended by the mass- she needs to question why she is going to mass.  "offended" by the mass?

Are we talking about catholics here?  I'm so angry right now so I'm stopping.

Catholics in name only. Probably folks who don't even attend mass regularly.

"On the basis of annual head-counts in the Churches of the Archdiocese, it would appear that on any normal Sunday about 20% of the Catholic population of the Archdiocese of Dublin is present at Mass. That is significantly lower than in any other diocese in Ireland. In more than one parish the Sunday practice rate is about 3%... The liturgy is not a performance but an action in which God’s people actively participate." -- From the Feb. 5, 2011 homily of Msgr. Diarmuid Martin, Archbishop of Dublin, at the 2011 Spring Seminar of the Dublin Diocesan Liturgical Resource Centre

http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=19978542&postID=684857929038191836

Oh, without question that is the case, before even reading the link you provided.  Just pisses me off, thats all. 
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(02-10-2011, 10:47 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote: Oh, without question that is the case, before even reading the link you provided.  Just pisses me off, thats all. 

And I don't blame ya!!!!
(02-10-2011, 01:03 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote:
(02-10-2011, 10:47 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote: Oh, without question that is the case, before even reading the link you provided.  Just pisses me off, thats all. 

And I don't blame ya!!!!

really.  i mean,  i feel in some ways this is worse than garbage I see on tv that mocks catholicism, because these are "catholics" who should know better than to try to change THE SACRED LITURGY in order to be politcally correct or to appease special interest groups.  I rarely use caps.

What a sick mob.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(02-10-2011, 06:43 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote:
(02-10-2011, 01:03 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote:

And I don't blame ya!!!!

really.  i mean,  i feel in some ways this is worse than garbage I see on tv that mocks catholicism, because these are "catholics" who should know better than to try to change THE SACRED LITURGY in order to be politcally correct or to appease special interest groups.  I rarely use caps.

What a sick mob.

It's just the new springtime.