Hail Mary, Full of Grace
I think he meant in communion with the Pope. I just started on Michael Davies' "Pope Paul's New Mass". Totally mind-blowing. Is the Novus Ordo ever a train wreck or what. I can't believe Pope Paul trusted Bugnini. Blinded by ecumenical fervour I guess
every time the word historical is specifically linked with the Faith and doctrine I want to yell.
We are so much more enlightened today with our changing understanding of sin.
What arrogance and presumption.
Was Murphy - O' Connor a freemason?
I suppose there is no way of finding out.
:pray: May he come to realise the error of his words and publicly retract them.
I read this yesterday and it pissed me off so much. I can't believe this...
I read the article, but could someone give me a summary of exactly what the Bishop is saying?  Is the Bishop saying he does not believe Mary is "Advocate, Auxiliatrix, Adjutrix, and Mediatrix?"  From what I have interpreted people of the Church, not the Church itself, as saying or implying is that Mary is an equal to Christ in his intercessory power.  I am wondering if this is what the Bishop is addressing, but would appreciate some clarification.  Nevertheless, if there is anyone I want praying for me besides Christ, it is Mary.  
Phffft.  >:(
St. Louis de Montfort's True devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary.
http://www.ewtn.com/library/montfort/tru...tm#Ch.%202

Critical devotees

93. Critical  devotees are for the most part proud scholars, people of independent and self-satisfied minds, who deep down in their hearts have a vague sort of devotion to Mary. However, they criticise nearly all those forms of devotion to her which simple and pious people use to honour their good Mother just because such practices do not appeal to them. They question all miracles and stories which testify to the mercy and power of the Blessed Virgin, even those recorded by trustworthy authors or taken from the chronicles of religious orders. They cannot bear to see simple and humble people on their knees before an altar or statue of our Lady, or at prayer before some outdoor shrine. They even accuse them of idolatry as if they were adoring the wood or the stone. They say that as far as they are concerned they do not care for such outward display of devotion and that they are not so gullible as to believe all the fairy tales and stories told of our Blessed Lady. When you tell them how admirably the Fathers of the Church praised our Lady, they reply that the Fathers were exaggerating as orators do, or that their words are misrepresented. These false devotees, these proud worldly people are greatly to be feared. They do untold harm to devotion to our Lady. While pretending to correct abuses, they succeed only too well in turning people away from this devotion.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
I was waiting for how long it would take them to go after the BVM publicly.  Gutless cowards, attacking our Mama like that.  :realmad:  No doubt more ecumenical nonsense so we don't offend the Baptists or something.

St. Ignatius, pray for us and give us the strength to deal with these cowards as you did long ago. :pray:
I re-read this, and besides the heretical statements about Mary, I saw this:

Quote:The status of Tradition in interpreting the scriptures, and whether it diminishes or distorts the primacy of the Word of God is a legitimate evangelical concern.

Prima Scriptura!  Thank you, Dr. Hahn for inventing crap that doesn't exist so they can legitimize tearing apart the BVM.

He has unknowingly (or knowingly, but we don't know that) joined the side of the serpent. And we all know what happens when the heel of the Blessed Virgin Mary meets the serpent's head...