"Traditionalists for Medjugorje"(?) - interesting webpage
It is preternatural, i.e., demonic.

:owl:
...and God Almighty can bring good from preternatural things. The devil miscalculates when he use the BMV as a foil for his wicked purposes. The Holy Ghost, the third person of the Trinity will not have it !

tim
Quote:Medjugorje is ridiculously lengthy compared to other apparitions.

It seems the website addresses some of the more common misconceptions. For example, the one quoted above appears to be addressed (see below). What I find interesting however, is how the Lady encourages more traditional practices, such as the ones listed in the section; "Medjugorje for Traditionalists". I have already stopped watching TV a number of years ago, and I am glad I did (She is right; it is a complete waste of time). The comments on the restoration of fasting seem to jive with what I have always believed. As the website notes, even traditionalists have slacked on this one, and yet the Catechism of the Council of Trent considers fasting the highest external penance that anyone can perform, and should thus be preferred above all others.

4. The messages have continued for years with no end in sight (unlike Lourdes or Fatima).
There have been approved apparitions that have occurred for nearly half a century, or more. For example, the apparitions in Laus France occurred for 54 years. St. Brigid of Sweden received apparitions for more than a quarter-century. And St. Hildegard received visions for nearly 70 years. 4 According to the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (herein termed the CDF), the "length of apparitions" is not a factor in determining the authenticity of alleged apparitions. The Church does not set arbitrary standards for judging alleged apparitions, but instead has specific criteria that it follows (see 1978 CDF Norms for Judging Alleged Apparitions and Revelations). Jakov, one of the visionaries, has been asked this question many times. His response has always been the same; "Instead of asking 'why'; 'why have they been occurring for so long', we instead should be saying something else; we should be saying 'thank you', and giving thanks to Our Lord for allowing Our Blessed Mother to be with us for so long."

Mirjana: "Why have the apparitions been lasting so long?"
Our Lady: "Because so many people are taking so long to convert. There have never been so many unbelievers."

"Today is the day that I was going to stop giving messages because certain people do not accept them. The parish has responded and I wish to continue to give messages to a degree, such as has never before been witnessed in the world, since the beginning of history. Try to remain in my heart. Do not remain outside of it." - April 4th, 1985[/font]

http://medjugorje-apologia.com/common_mi...fense.html

(02-13-2011, 07:06 AM)Jacafamala Wrote: 2. The seers have all gotten very  wealthy off of these apparitions.

Interestingly, this appears to be another common misconception (evidently there are many);

18. The visionaries live in big houses and drive expensive cars!
The visionaries do not live lavishly, contrary to what some may believe. They live very simple lives dedicated to prayer, to serving the pilgrims, and spreading the message of Medjugorje. Whenever they have been offered money from pilgrims, they have always firmly rejected it. Their houses and cars are not atypical for the region--in fact they are quite average. Furthermore, their houses are used primarily to accommodate pilgrims, not for the visionaries themselves. The Lady of Medjugorje was clear about the abuse of money and the temptation for earthly riches;

(relating to the exploitation of some pilgrims.) "Right now, many are greatly seeking money, not only in the parish, but in the whole world. Woe to those who seek to take everything from those who come, and blessed are those from whom they take everything."

At least one of the alleged visionaries, Ivan, is living quite a lifestyle, and does drive an expensive car. How many people can afford homes in Medjugorje and Boston? Furthermore, Vicka said that Our Lady is not calling everyone to convert to Catholicism. That alone is a clear tip off that this is a false apparition, along with a few other things this website sidesteps. Mixing truth and lies is Satan's stock in trade.
(02-23-2011, 12:21 AM)CrusaderKing Wrote: At least one of the alleged visionaries, Ivan, is living quite a lifestyle, and does drive an expensive car. How many people can afford homes in Medjugorje and Boston? Furthermore, Vicka said that Our Lady is not calling everyone to convert to Catholicism. That alone is a clear tip off that this is a false apparition, along with a few other things this website sidesteps. Mixing truth and lies is Satan's stock in trade.

That alone shoots down every other argument in favor of Medjugorje. EVERYONE is called to be Catholic, that is why Our Lord founded the Church. Of course not everyone will become Catholic, but that is their free will. To say that not everyone is called to become one is heresy, for the mission Christ gave to the Church is precisely that.
Michael Davies (RIP) has a book that outlines the lies and contradictions with Medjugorje.

It is a free download from his website:

http://www.mdaviesonmedj.com/

Quote:This website contains the sixth edition of his book which gives the most definitive English-language account available of the events which have been taking place since 1981 at Medjugorje in Herzegovina. Michael's wife Marija, who is Croatian, and his son Adrian, who is bi-lingual, have given him considerable help by translating material from the original Croatian, and the two bishops of the Diocese of Mostar-Duvno during the past twenty-years have made all the necessary official documentation available to him. The present bishop, Dr. Ratko Peric, wrote with regard to the fourth edition of the book:

"You write with Catholic conviction and Christian frankness ...it is quite clear that you are driven by a desire for the truth in your investigations into the phenomenon of Medjugorje... Three episcopal commissions as well the entire Bishops' Conference have already been convinced that on the basis of the investigations that have been carried out to date it is impossible to confirm that there have been supernatural manifestations and messages in Medjugorje, but various superstitions are spreading. In your book you base yourself upon the official documents and teaching of the Church. There are far too many inaccurate versions of events spread throughout the world, above all by the efforts and the agency of those in the service of the so-called apparitions at Medjugorje."