Why claim that smoking is not a sin?
voting third party isnt throwing your vote away. Canada has four viable political parties in a country one tenth your size so if more people voted third party things could evolve
Better to smoke here than in the hereafter.
(02-13-2011, 03:27 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: tim, I think is evidence of non-smoking waitresses who have contracted lung cancer thru second hand smoke

The "bars going out of business" was a big line used here in Montreal but the doomsday scenario hasnt come to pass cos the anti-smoking legislation affects every bar equally. Folks just smoke outside. If anything I go to restaurants more since there is no more smoking sections in them

Smoking outside isn't any fun when it's cold. I hate it when I go to parties in the winter and the host makes people smoke outside.
(02-13-2011, 03:30 PM)Grasshopper Wrote: How can it be a serious sin to abstain from voting when none of the candidates are worth voting for?

Last election here I spoiled my ballot. I didn't just stay home, I went to write on the ballot that there were no morally acceptable candidates.
(02-13-2011, 03:35 PM)Resurrexi Wrote: Smoking outside isn't any fun when it's cold. I hate it when I go to parties in the winter and the host makes people smoke outside.

Do you think you have a right to stink up the hosts house and make other guests feel sick?
(02-13-2011, 02:48 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(02-13-2011, 02:41 PM)CanadianCatholic Wrote:
(02-13-2011, 02:24 PM)JayneK Wrote:
(02-13-2011, 12:30 PM)CanadianCatholic Wrote: Go outside and have a smoke, or stay inside and rage on my kids....you tell me which one sounds more sinful.

Are those really the only two choices open to you?
Pretty much yeah...or have a couple shots of whiskey...but I have ALOT of driving to so in a day, so smoking it is.
If you can go outside and smoke, you ought to be able to go outside and pray.
Or I can do both!
And eating unhealthy, artery clogging mcd's crap probably does as much harm as nicotine.
i think spoiling ballots sends an important political message

Resurrexi - with frigid Quebec winters, being forced to smoke outside led many to quit. That's a good thing. If you can't wait until you get home to have a drag, it could be the sign of addiction.

Just have the salad at mcd's problem solved. I have a colleague at work who has mcd every monday and hes probably the healthiest male in our department cos he does so much exercise. Mcd is still food. A healthy lifestule can absorb some bad eating but nothing compensates for smoking, you're limiting your lung capacity and damaging your brain chemistry
(02-13-2011, 03:43 PM)CanadianCatholic Wrote: And eating unhealthy, artery clogging mcd's crap probably does as much harm as nicotine.

This means that people should not eat unhealthy food, not that people should smoke.
Sometimes my head gets to hurting around here. Life is too hard. I don't smoke, mind you, I used to. But no it's not a sin.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
What's so wonderful about smoking?

A classic from Frasier: