Cardinal Mahony: A Great Bishop?
(02-14-2011, 07:51 PM)AndreasAngelopolitanus Wrote: Well... you could always come back to L.A. and suffer with me.   :laughing:

I'm afraid it's indeed going to come to that.
God doesn't make junk but we sure can erode his image in us. Makes me think of the new Lady Gaga track. She's such a dope.
(02-14-2011, 09:53 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: God doesn't make junk but we sure can erode his image in us. Makes me think of the new Lady Gaga track. She's such a dope.

My mother used to have a little poster of a green frog with that caption . It was hangig in the kitchen.  :laughing:

What did you expect? Bp Williamson?
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
that would be a totally amazing april fools joke though. Archdiocese of los angeles, I present to you your new bishop: +Williamson. Bp W in LA? Whoa.
A great bishop in whose church?
(02-14-2011, 10:01 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: that would be a totally amazing april fools joke though. Archdiocese of los angeles, I present to you your new bishop: +Williamson. Bp W in LA? Whoa.
We already had that with a similar joke about Fellay being appointed as the New Archbishop of St Louis (I believe).
(02-15-2011, 02:20 PM)Virgil the Roman Wrote:
(02-14-2011, 10:01 PM)Bakuryokuso Wrote: that would be a totally amazing april fools joke though. Archdiocese of los angeles, I present to you your new bishop: +Williamson. Bp W in LA? Whoa.
We already had that with the joke about Fellay being appointed as the New Archbishop of St Louis (I believe).

Cool - we'll have to try to outdo each other with bogus Catholic news postings on First Friday in April.
“The Tridentine Mass was meant for those who could not make the transition from Latin to English [or other languages] after the Council. But there is no participation by the people, and I don’t believe that instills the spirit of Christ among us.”
Cardinal Roger Mahony
http://www.ncregister.com/blog/cardinal_...atin_mass/

isn't that anathema territory ?
Mahony is an old wrinkly queen.
(02-16-2011, 12:51 AM)Dominus est Wrote: “The Tridentine Mass was meant for those who could not make the transition from Latin to English [or other languages] after the Council. But there is no participation by the people, and I don’t believe that instills the spirit of Christ among us.”
Cardinal Roger Mahony
http://www.ncregister.com/blog/cardinal_...atin_mass/

isn't that anathema territory ?

Probably at least 1/3 of the Bishops of the world agree with him.