Society of the Virgin Mary
Does anyone know of the Society of the Virgin Mary. I've checked their website and they say that others say they are in schism but that they are incorrect. There is a Fr. Peter Talcott who offers a TLM at the Castel Omorrosa in the Napa Valley. He was ordained by Bishop Patrick Taylor of the SVM but himself has no affiliation with the SVM. My wife and I are considering a vacation in California and are intrigued by the TLM in the Napa Valley. I appologize if this has been a recent topic though I haven't seen it.
Patrick Taylor may have valid orders, but he is a charlatan. Easy ordination of unqualified men is their game. Seminary training is, in many cases, via correspondence course. Stay away.
I know Fr. Talcott personally, and I have been to several of his Masses in both Fairfield and Vallejo, CA. He is a good priest, and asked the local bishop for permission to say 3 Masses each Sunday. Napa, Fairfield, and Vallejo.
(04-14-2011, 06:05 AM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: I know Fr. Talcott personally, and I have been to several of his Masses in both Fairfield and Vallejo, CA. He is a good priest, and asked the local bishop for permission to say 3 Masses each Sunday. Napa, Fairfield, and Vallejo.

So did he get permission from the bishop? If so, how is that possible since he Talcott is not in good standing with the local diocese?

I'm throwing the BS flag on this one!
(04-14-2011, 10:03 AM)OldMan Wrote:
(04-14-2011, 06:05 AM)Crusader_Philly Wrote: I know Fr. Talcott personally, and I have been to several of his Masses in both Fairfield and Vallejo, CA. He is a good priest, and asked the local bishop for permission to say 3 Masses each Sunday. Napa, Fairfield, and Vallejo.

So did he get permission from the bishop? If so, how is that possible since he Talcott is not in good standing with the local diocese?

I'm throwing the BS flag on this one!

He is in good standing with the diocese. He says Mass at St. Louis Bertrand Chapel, Vallejo, CA. This chapel is part of St. Vincent Ferrer Parish, and it is even published in the parish bulletin. Father was previously saying Mass at St. Mary's Church in Vacaville. There was pressure to end the Mass there and move it to Vallejo, so the parishioners started a petition either to Cardinal Leveda, or maybe even His Holiness himself, maybe the local bishop, but I believe it was to the Vatican, requesting that they have Mass there, that they are a stable group, and reasons against being moved to Vallejo. Now the Mass in Vacaville is said at St. Joseph's Church, as efforts were ultimately unsuccessful to keep the Mass at St. Mary's.
This is from the Official Diocese of Santa Rosa directory. In it, you will see Fr. Talcott. Scroll down several pages, and it is a PDF document.

http://www.santarosacatholic.org/userfil...1-5-10.pdf