Pro-Choice Priest Sues Lifesite for Libel
(02-16-2011, 07:28 PM)Augstine Baker Wrote: Did someone change the title to pro-choice?

Yes, many people identify with "pro-choice" rather than "pro-abortion" because they say that, while they are opposed to abortion themselves and would never personally have one, they have no right imposing their own personal views on the lives of others. They liken it to watching TV: 'I don't like TV and personally don't choose to watch it; I think it's morally dangerous, addictive, and maybe even evil. But that doesn't mean that my view of watching TV should be imposed on all Americans or that it should be bound in state or federal law.' It's similar to the libertarian approach: I'm against it myself for moral reasons, but people should legally be allowed to do whatever they want.

I want to make it clear that I do not support this in any way, but that is where "pro-choice" idea originated: "though I personally think it's evil and would never have one, it is the woman's decision whether to have an abortion."

Messages In This Thread
Re: Pro-Choice Priest Sues Lifesite for Libel - by INPEFESS - 02-17-2011, 10:28 AM