There is No Such Thing as a Homosexual Catholic Priest
(02-18-2011, 07:52 AM)Catholic Johnny Wrote: Now if it be a contradiction to join a mortal sin to the title of a Baptised person as an identity, what then of those that would join the article (homosexual) of a mortal sin to the title of Catholic Priest, who is by sacramental grace, alter Chrestus (another Christ)?  Could there be a more flagrant, audacious blasphemy?
That's because homosexuality is not a mortal sin, rather it's the sexual appetite being ordered towards an inappropriate end.

Quote:The CCC attempts to draw a distinction between the person and the sinful acts.  If I have repented of the acts, why then must I still bear their title as my identity?

I guess it depends on whether you define homosexuals as people who sleep with members of the same sex or are attracted to members of the same sex. I don't think that the catechism is saying that homosexuals, chaste or not, should view their sexuality as a defining characteristic of their identity.

Messages In This Thread
Re: There is No Such Thing as a Homosexual Catholic Priest - by Aragon - 02-18-2011, 08:55 AM