There is No Such Thing as a Homosexual Catholic Priest
(02-18-2011, 11:26 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: I have a friend who struggles with same-sex attraction who loves tradition.

"Struggles with" and self-identifies as a "homosexual person" are two different matters.  We all struggle with sin.  We don't make the sin our identity.

Quote: Although the particular inclination of the homosexual person is not a sin, it is a more or less strong tendency ordered toward an intrinsic moral evil; and thus the inclination itself must be seen as an objective disorder.

Therefore special concern and pastoral attention should be directed toward those who have this condition, lest they be led to believe that the living out of this orientation in homosexual activity is a morally acceptable option. It is not.
PASTORAL CARE OF HOMOSEXUAL PERSONS The Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith 

http://www.ewtn.com/library/curia/cdfhomop.htm

I submit to the teaching of the Church.  However, it must be admitted that no such anthropological category as the "homosexual person" existed before the Pontificate of John Paul II.  In my opinion, it is an antbiblical novelty that is fraught with every kind of danger and cannot be reconciled with previous Catholic teaching.

Messages In This Thread
Re: There is No Such Thing as a Homosexual Catholic Priest - by Catholic Johnny - 02-18-2011, 11:40 PM