There is No Such Thing as a Homosexual Catholic Priest
(02-18-2011, 10:09 PM)Melkite Wrote: So, are you saying that baptism in the beginning had the power of destroying same sex attraction and immediately replacing it with a fully developed and functional opposite sex attraction?

I am saying that a Baptized person should not assume the identity of a person habitually committing mortal sin.  St. Paul:  "such were some of you.  But you are washed, you are sanctified, you are justified by the Spirit of God in Christ Jesus..."  The desires must be combatted in spiritual warfare, mortification of the sinful nature, prayer, accountability, penance, avoidance of the near temptation to sin.  We do the exact opposite by telling them they are (in identity) homosexual persons.  Please tell me where in Catholic tradition such an anthropological category existed before the 1960s.  We should affirm them as heterosexual persons and support their spiritual, intellectual and physical orientation to the mystery of Christ and His will.  We are all made in the image and likeness of God and it would be cruel of the Lord to command us to repent if it were not possible.  The reality is we condemn people with this temptation by consigning them to an unbiblical, untraditional status as homosexual persons.

If I am wrong about this, I am willing to receive correction.   

Messages In This Thread
Re: There is No Such Thing as a Homosexual Catholic Priest - by Catholic Johnny - 02-19-2011, 02:50 AM