There is No Such Thing as a Homosexual Catholic Priest
Quote:Sure, it helps me.  It clearly implies that the unworthy can be raised to Holy Orders only that the person who does so sins.
Sins mortally, and not alone. 

On the contrary, Dionysius says (Ep. ad Demophil.): "It seems presumptuous for such a man, one to wit who is not enlightened, to lay hands on priestly things; he is not afraid nor ashamed, all unworthy that he is to take part in Divine things, with the thought that God does not see what he sees in himself; he thinks, by false pretense, to cheat Him Whom he falsely calls his Father; he dares to utter in the person of Christ, words polluted by his infamy, I will not call them prayers, over the Divine symbols." Therefore a priest is a blasphemer and a cheat if he exercises his order unworthily, and thus he sins mortally: and in like manner any other person in orders.

Further, holiness of life is required in one who receives an order, that he may be qualified to exercise it. Now a man sins mortally if he present himself for orders in mortal sin. Much more therefore does he sin mortally whenever he exercises his order.
  Q 64.A6

Quote:If you feel like reading on, St. Thomas also states in Q.35 A.1 that Holy Orders confers Sanctifying Grace.  So now you have the additional problem that if someone is baptized yet a "homosexual person" as well as receiving Holy Orders he receives the Sanctifying Grace necessary to receive the Sacrament.

I'm glad you mentioned that.  35.3 in Summa says

"The character of orders presupposes the baptismal character as already on the soul.  It is the character impressed by baptism that renders a person capable of receiving the other sacraments." 

Holy Orders cannot confer sanctifying grace on one who is not living in accordance with their baptismal dignity (i.e., persistance in mortal sin).  Those who self-identify as homosexual persons (as defined earlier) capitulate to deep-seated concupiscience and deny the properties inherent in the new birth  (again, their culpability may be mitigated due to this flowing from unsound doctrine).  A possible exception applies only to those who do not practice ANY homosexual actions (as Christ taught, even the adultery in the heart is tantamount to true guilt cf Matthew 5:25-30).  Even this however, is doubtful as Pope Benedict XVI explained in his Instruction Concerning the Criteria for the Discernment of Vocations with regard to Persons with Homosexual Tendencies in view of their Admission to the Seminary and to Holy Orders that those with deep-seated homosexual tendencies lack the qualities of spiritual patrimony required by priesthood.  Those who do practice homosexual acts (and by anecdotal evidences, this percentage is not negligible) are guilty of mortal sin as explained by the Angelic Doctor and cannot possibly be valid Catholic Priests, nor even Christians.  This of course is entirely rectifiable predicated upon true contrition, absolution, repentance and bringing forth the fruits of conversion. 

Quote:Kind of puts a spanner in the works for you, eh?

Not at all, dear brother Quis.  I am on very safe and solid footing here if one cares to follow my apologia.  Again, the larger contextual backdrop here is the destruction being wrought among the faithful by Modernist 'priests' with their sexual scandals, child abuse, support for antiCatholic causes, liturgical abuses, heterodox teaching and poisoning of the seminary system against wholesome, fully qualified and pious young men.  Its fun to debate abstracts and theoreticals, but the Church is in full-blown crisis right now and we must stop the hemorraging immediately.

Messages In This Thread
Re: There is No Such Thing as a Homosexual Catholic Priest - by Catholic Johnny - 02-21-2011, 06:39 AM