There is No Such Thing as a Homosexual Catholic Priest
(02-21-2011, 05:28 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(02-21-2011, 05:24 PM)Habitual_Ritual Wrote:
(02-21-2011, 05:14 PM)QuisUtDeus Wrote:
(02-21-2011, 05:08 PM)Habitual_Ritual Wrote:
(02-18-2011, 10:02 PM)Melkite Wrote: Why can't someone 'be' a homosexual and also a Christian?  Afterall, a sin isn't something you 'are,' it's something you do.

You've answered your won question. Homosexuality is an act of the will,a sin, a thing and not a state existential ontology....

Going back to basics, let's look up what the word homosexual means:

http://m-w.com
of, relating to, or characterized by a tendency to direct sexual desire toward another of the same sex

That's all it means.  Nothing more, nothing less.  It doesn't mean someone acts on it or is their sine-qua-non.  It means they have sexual desires towards members of the same sex.

And this relates to "homosexual persons" and why I think it was used, but we aren't that far in the discussion yet.  At least I'm not.  I'm trying to get Johnny Catholic to stop using Protestant sources.
over an
I would have described "directing sexual desire toward another" as an act in the true meaning of the word just as Christ tells us that merely fantasizing over another woman is indeed Adultery...

Sure, but it talks about a tendency to direct.  It is a pre-disposition to a certain kind of sin.  In the theological sense, a homosexual person is a person whose pre-disposition to sin is that of desiring members of the same sex.  A lustful person is a person whose pre-disposition to sin is that of desiring unlawful sex.

If a homosexual thought or a hot smoookin' lassie pops up in our minds it is a sin if we derive pleasure from it, not if we push it away.
See here is where we part far and wide, it is a novelty to equate these sins as equal sins. Fornication is not as sinful as two men (or womyn) stimulating each other to completion.
David lusted after bathsheeba, The Sodomites lusted after the male angels even being offered by Lot his own daughters...Lot felt that sex with his own daughters was of less evil then with the male messengers of God

Messages In This Thread
Re: There is No Such Thing as a Homosexual Catholic Priest - by voxpopulisuxx - 02-21-2011, 05:47 PM