There is No Such Thing as a Homosexual Catholic Priest
(02-21-2011, 05:35 PM)Habitual_Ritual Wrote: Sure,but there is a tendency out there when using the term homosexual , to describe such folk in an anthropological sense, (hence the homo prefix), rather than as someone who suffers from predispositions of one sort or another.

We're in the middle of a thread where someone is criticizing the Church for using a particular word and making a claim that anyone that word applies to cannot be a Christian.  It seems to me that we should be using the true definition of the word, not what some pro-homo anthropologists would like to make it to be.  If we don't do that, we can criticize the Church for saying "Justified" because the Protestants mean it differently.

Quote:The purpose being to legitimize the sin to some extent in the sphere of naturalism

Whatever the purpose is, the word can be used properly with its proper meaning.  I would assume in a theological discussion that's what we would do, not make up definitions on our own or apply someone else's made up definitions.

If not, well, heck, then I think a homosexual is someone who likes cheese and crackers.  All's well now!

Messages In This Thread
Re: There is No Such Thing as a Homosexual Catholic Priest - by Historian - 02-21-2011, 06:14 PM