There is No Such Thing as a Homosexual Catholic Priest
(02-21-2011, 06:24 PM)Habitual_Ritual Wrote: Well,if indeed the Church is using the anthropological definition(the OP suggests this is the case,i need to verify)  than the Church in this instance is quite wrong to do so imo and as such the limited naturalistic parameters of debate almost make it a futile one.Do I have it correct that the Church has indeed adopted this naturalistic definition?

The Church has said they don't know the root of it, whether it is anthropological, biological, etc.  I suspect the reason is that the root is irrelevant in that the behavior is sinful regardless of the cause.  They have also repeatedly said it is disordered.  I don't think "disordered" can make an anthropological category.

Given that the Church has said that, it seems to me when the Church uses "homosexual" they specifically mean people who have a predisposition to lust after members of their own sex.  If you find something different where She gives a clear definition of what She means is different than that, please post it.

ETA: You may want to start with a relevant document.

On the Pastoral Care of Homosexual Persons

Letter to the Bishops of the Catholic Church
Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith
October 1, 1986

http://www.newadvent.org/library/docs_df86ho.htm

Messages In This Thread
Re: There is No Such Thing as a Homosexual Catholic Priest - by Historian - 02-21-2011, 06:30 PM