There is No Such Thing as a Homosexual Catholic Priest
All concerned:
I don't have time right now to respond to each post that I was specifically addressed in or mentioned by name, but let me clear the air about Quis' accusations:

1.  I used the NKJV for the Scriptural quotes in the OP because (a) not everyone is comfortable with the archaic English in the D-R (my personal Bible) and (b) the NAB is not trustworthy.  In deference to Quis, I then dealt exclusively with the D-R.

2.  I have quoted extensively from the Sacred Scriptures, the Summa, CFD and Papal Instruction documents, the CCC, the Church's foremost expert on homosexuality, and referred to contemporary Catholic situations.  The only "Protestant" sources I have otherwise made use of were a Greek Scholar and Strong's Exhaustive Concordance to get at the original Hebrew and Greek tongues, as Divino Afflante Spiritu allows.   If anyone can refer me to a "Catholic" resource for a Hebrew and Greek Concordance, I am willing to use it instead.  I doubt seriously that the Hebrew and Greek words themselves carry a Catholic or Protestant meaning.  I have not referred to any Protestant commentary.

3.  As other members of this forum are eruditely pointing out, the category of homosexuals and homosexual persons has no roots in Tradition.

More to follow...

cj

Messages In This Thread
Re: There is No Such Thing as a Homosexual Catholic Priest - by Catholic Johnny - 02-21-2011, 07:49 PM