There is No Such Thing as a Homosexual Catholic Priest
(02-22-2011, 03:49 AM)Catholic Johnny Wrote:
Quote: In any case, please show me where you cited a Catholic source with regards to 1 Cor.

I am sure you will consider St. Paul a Catholic source.  Dr. Chrys C. Caragounis merely gave a rendering of the Greek words without commentary.  I also referred to Papal Instruction, the CCC, the Confraternity for the Doctrine of the Faith documents, the foremost Catholic scholar on the subject of homosexuality, and current events facing the RCC.  You are still swallowing a camel while straining at a gnat.  You completely ignore the next phrase after "molle" which is liers with men, a reference to Lev. 18:22 and you still won't comment on "such were some of you."  But you will hear more from me on this!  However, there is way more to this extremely important topic than getting bogged down over the exegesis of a single word.  

Name one Catholic source you cited on the meaning of 1 Cor.  You haven't, and you know it.  You've danced around it citing all kinds of things, but not an interpretation of or evidence for your interpretation of that passage.

You can keep making speeches, but you know damn well that your whole argument hinges on St. Paul condemning homosexuals as an "identity".  You say so in your first post.  That's why you keep grasping at straws and avoiding the questions.

I didn't ignore the phrase "liers with men".  I stated quite clearly it condemns sodomitical acts.  The reason you don't care about it, as I stated above, is because it doesn't condemn homosexuals as "identity" - it condemns people who actually perform an act.  That doesn't help you prove your skewed and invented theology.

You haven't answered anything about the use of molles in other passages, about the use of malakos in the New Testament, you haven't countered St. Thomas' interpretation of the passage, nor the references the Fathers make to effeminate.

You're avoiding the problems with your interpretation even though they are right there in front of you, and you and I both know why you are: your whole calumny against the Church will fall like a house of cards if you have to admit St. Paul isn't condemning homosexuals as "identity" in that statement, but is condemning those who engage in homosexual acts.

Quote: However, there is way more to this extremely important topic than getting bogged down over the exegesis of a single word. 

Unfortunately for you, I have the bully pulpit and the ban button.  If you want to play to "our readers" and give them a show, fine, but you'll have to dance to my tune.  If you are going to make charges against the Church and Her Doctrine, you are going to have to defend every iota of it.

So, start defending your interpretation of 1 Cor using Catholic sources or at least the basic documents.

Messages In This Thread
Re: There is No Such Thing as a Homosexual Catholic Priest - by Historian - 02-22-2011, 04:03 AM