There is No Such Thing as a Homosexual Catholic Priest
(02-22-2011, 03:43 AM)QuisUtDeus Wrote: He can't live with "liers with men" since that obviously goes to an action that is sinful.  He has to have homosexuals in the Scripture or referring to it does nothing for his argument.  A "lier with men" doesn't have to be homosexual in the sense of identity.

This is really stretching it.

"Liers with men" is a noun modified by a preposition.  "Liers" denotes identity, although you want to recognize the act only, and refuse to acknowledge the condemnation of persons in Romans 1:32.  Vox and I are on the side of Tradition here, and you want to split hairs about effemenati and its broad application of meanings which you seem to be trying to canonically define for all of us.  "Liers with men" (Latin:  masculorum concubitores or male concubines, not male concubinage) is an explicit reference to Lev. 18:22 which is clear to anyone that can read:

Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind, because it is an abomination.

St. Paul:  
And, in like manner, the men also, leaving the natural use of the women, have burned in their lusts one towards another, men with men working that which is filthy, and receiving in themselves the recompense which was due to their error.  And as they liked not to have God in their knowledge, God delivered them up to a reprobate sense, to do those things which are not convenient; ... Who, having known the justice of God, did not understand that they who do such things, are worthy of death; and not only they that do them, but they also that consent to them that do them.

Here the Apostle teaches that the desires (lusts), acts (working) and the identity (they that do such things) are all condemned. 

How you can come away with anything different than what I have consistently posted since the beginning is the product of ignoring the explicit evidence.
Masculorum concubitores will not inherit the kingdom of God.  That's what it says, that's what it means.  Paul extends this in Romans 1:32 to include not just those who do this (persons, not just acts) but even to those who approve the same.  

That is why I provided quotes from the Summa that show without any sophistry or wrangling over etymology that those who ordain men in an unrepentant state of mortal sin commit a mortal crime (St. Thomas Aquinas' words, not mine) which agree here 100% with St. Paul the Apostle of Jesus Christ.  No social scientist or psychiatric practioner will be able to deliver us from the Judge of All on that dreadful and fearful day.

Messages In This Thread
Re: There is No Such Thing as a Homosexual Catholic Priest - by Catholic Johnny - 02-22-2011, 04:13 AM