There is No Such Thing as a Homosexual Catholic Priest
(02-22-2011, 05:29 AM)Catholic Johnny Wrote: I do not prefer this translation, but all the Scripture quotes in the CCC are from the NAB:

Do you not know that the unjust will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators nor idolaters nor adulterers nor boy prostitutes nor sodomites nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor robbers will inherit the kingdom of God.  That is what some of you used to be; but now you have had yourselves washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.  (emphasis mine)

NAB Footnote on 1 Cor. 6:9-11
[9] The Greek word translated as boy prostitutes may refer to catamites, i.e., boys or young men who were kept for purposes of prostitution, a practice not uncommon in the Greco-Roman world. In Greek mythology this was the function of Ganymede, the "cupbearer of the gods," whose Latin name was Catamitus. The term translated Sodomites refers to adult males who indulged in homosexual practices with such boys. See similar condemnations of such practices in Romans 1:26-27; 1 Tim 1:10.

LOL, the NAB.  The only thing worse than the NAB is the Commentary which is full of heresy and Modernism.

Like this that says Christ didn't know what the future held for him or what He was doing. Only that it was "probable" that He foresaw suffering.

Quote: [21-23] This first prediction of the passion follows Mark 8:31-33 in the main and serves as a corrective to an understanding of Jesus' messiahship as solely one of glory and triumph. By his addition of from that time on (Matthew 16:21) Matthew has emphasized that Jesus' revelation of his coming suffering and death marks a new phase of the gospel. Neither this nor the two later passion predictions (Matthew 17:22-23; 20:17-19) can be taken as sayings that, as they stand, go back to Jesus himself. However, it is probable that he foresaw that his mission would entail suffering and perhaps death, but was confident that he would ultimately be vindicated by God (see Matthew 26:29).

I have to give you credit though, you did find a "Catholic" source.  My bad for not specifying a time before Protestantism crept into the Church.  I'll specify now:

Can you up the ante and find a traditional Catholic source?  Something written before Vatican II?  With 1700+ years of commentary on Scipture, you should be able to find something before V2 and Protestant advisors on translation, right?

Messages In This Thread
Re: There is No Such Thing as a Homosexual Catholic Priest - by Historian - 02-22-2011, 05:38 AM