There is No Such Thing as a Homosexual Catholic Priest
We are Catholic.  If there is a dispute on scripture, more than likely a Pope has settled it already.  And Pope Pius XII has:

Quote: ....He supplied the Church with the means necessary to overcome countless dangers and to fill not only the whole world but the realms of heaven as well.

22. Actually only those are to be included as members of the Church who have been baptized and profess the true faith, and who have not been so unfortunate as to separate themselves from the unity of the Body, or been excluded by legitimate authority for grave faults committed. "For in one spirit" says the Apostle, "were we all baptized into one Body, whether Jews or Gentiles, whether bond or free."[17] As therefore in the true Christian community there is only one Body, one Spirit, one Lord, and one Baptism, so there can be only one faith.[18] And therefore if a man refuse to hear the Church let him be considered—so the Lord commands—as a heathen and a publican.[19] It follows that those are divided in faith or government cannot be living in the unity of such a Body, nor can they be living the life of its one Divine Spirit. 

23. Nor must one imagine that the Body of the Church, just because it bears the name of Christ, is made up during the days of its earthly pilgrimage only of members conspicuous for their holiness, or that it consists only of those whom God has predestined to eternal happiness. it is owing to the Savior's infinite mercy that place is allowed in His Mystical Body here below for those whom, of old, He did not exclude from the banquet.[20] For not every sin, however grave it may be, is such as of its own nature to sever a man from the Body of the Church, as does schism or heresy or apostasy. Men may lose charity and divine grace through sin, thus becoming incapable of supernatural merit, and yet not be deprived of all life if they hold fast to faith and Christian hope, and if, illumined from above, they are spurred on by the interior promptings of the Holy Spirit to salutary fear and are moved to prayer and penance for their sins.

A fornicator or sodomite is still a member of the Church, even when they are in mortal sin.  In order to be separated from the Church, they must be heretics, go into schism, or apostasize from the Faith.  Or, they have to be excommunicated (excluded) by legitimate authority for grave concerns.

This statement: "Again, you are either a Christian or a fornicator", is incorrect, as can be seen above.  Now if you are advocating that a sodomite who has repented and given up his acts, should no longer consider himself a sodomite, that is probably good advise.  If you are saying that a chaste sodomite will never feel tempted to sodomy again, you are incorrect.  Because by mixing sexual pleasure with the same sex attraction disorder, he has created a strong pleasure center in his brain.  If it is anything like smoking, it will be with him for a long time after he quits.  I quit smoking 5 years ago.  Am I a smoker?  No.  Do I still have an "attraction" to tobacco?  Yes, but it has diminished with time.  As far as the same sex attraction disorder, by belief is that it is a mix of a genetic trait, followed by environmental/psychological factors: the perfect storm.  I agree that for a person carrying this cross successfully, it would be very helpful to no longer call themselves homosexual.  If I went around calling myself a smoker, I probably would have gone back to smoking eventually.  It is just human nature to use an excuse to rationalize taking the easy way out, i.e. giving in.

Messages In This Thread
Re: There is No Such Thing as a Homosexual Catholic Priest - by James02 - 02-22-2011, 12:39 PM